Motoring Discussion > Hit by a van in car park Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 1

Hit by a van in car park - bathtub tom
I was parked up in Fleet services the other day. A LWB van swung round the front of my car into the adjacent spot. I was still sitting in the driver's seat and could see his back end was going to collide with me. I put my hand on the horn, but he kept coming - THUMP!

When he finally stopped, he was so close I couldn't get out and had to tell him to move it so we 'could have words'.

He said he'd only just rented it and wasn't used to driving anything that long, anyway he hadn't touched me.

I pointed out the camera on my windscreen!

He said there wasn't a mark on my car. I pointed out the scuff and black tyre mark on my (previously unmarked) bumper.

He said it would polish out. I asked for his details, which he reluctantly gave. I noticed he'd got a thousand quid excess on the insurance!

OK, it's a ten-year-old car and the marks will probably polish out, but I suspect he'd have parked elsewhere if I hadn't been in the car.

Perhaps when I got out of my car I should've rubbed my neck and muttered 'whiplash'. I want the careless, arrogant sod to sweat a bit!
 Hit by a van in car park - No FM2R
If he was just a bloke, then we've all done dumb stuff and its best to move on.

If, on the other hand, he was an a***, submit an unsubstantiated claim to his insurance company and then never follow it up. He will *eventually* get any additional premium back, but it will give him some aggravating months in between.

Personally though, I think life's too short.
Latest Forum Posts