Motoring Discussion > No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuartli Replies: 16

No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Stuartli
You couldn't make it up.

tinyurl.com/omtbdno

Hopefully she'll be found and the police will throw the book at her.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Armel Coussine
The woman didn't crash despite busybody prats in other cars driving along beside her at the same speed and 'waving frantically' at her to stop.

Looks to me like the most competent driver on that stretch at that moment. Yah boo sucks to busybodies not concentrating on their own driving, like her.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - WillDeBeest
Wouldn't 'stupid driver' (pace AC) have been enough, Stuart?
>>Wouldn't 'stupid driver' (pace AC) have been enough, Stuart?>>

No, not compelling enough to attract attention I would suspect.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - FocalPoint
"Yah boo sucks to busybodies not concentrating on their own driving, like her."

Well, the photo was taken by a passenger, who left the "concentrate on their driving" bit to the... er driver.

The passenger was a "busybody"? Don't be ridiculous. The woman was a menace to public safety and getting something done about it was in the public interest.

>> The passenger was a "busybody"?

Yes.

But the newspaper story mentioned 'other drivers signalling frantically'. Perhaps it was exaggerating.

If I think someone else is driving dangerously I keep out of their immediate vicinity as far as possible. I don't see it as my function to control them in any way. There are people paid to do that.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Runfer D'Hills
I used to drive around with an A-Z propped on the dash if required. Seemed normal then.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Slidingpillar
Builder Andrew Stonham was heading home on the M1 in Leicestershire when he spotted the reckless act.

He first saw her at junction 25 - and continued alongside the blue Nissan Micra until junction 27 ten miles away.

And he's another prat. Anyone right thinking would want to put as much distance as possible between yourself and somebody doing a dangerous thing.
>> And he's another prat.

A much worse one, as I said earlier. Driving alongside another car for 10 miles FFS... do me a favour.

From what I remember, the smiling lady may not really have even been reading the book, just pretending to. In order to wind up busybody prats and get on youtube.
As you do.....
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Simon
M1 Junctions 25 - 27... They must have moved Leicestershire then???
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Tigger
I saw an LGV driver reading a book when driving up the M40 a while back. I spotted him because he was gently weaving across his lane.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Cliff Pope
Here's a biker reading with a clipboard propped up on his handlebars:

earthyphotography.co.uk/learning-the-knowledge-black-cab-london/
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - Jacks
What's the problem?

It's well known that women can multi-task....
>>It's well known that women can multi-task.... >>

Oh, you mean weighing up the fact that the bedroom really needs decorating whilst servicing your needs?
Tee hee...

No really Stuartli, harrumph, honestly, tsk....

I would get such a flea in my ear for sniggering at that. And quite rightly, quite rightly. Harrumph.
 No police around to "book" stupid woman driver. - seasidersrock
Ex Van Courier Central London.
Try answering 2 way radio, writing out dockets and eating a Big Mac, whilst driving round Marble Arch/ Hyde Park Corner. Now that took some doing.................

Latest Forum Posts