Motoring Discussion > Ford radio keeps forgetting its code. Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Ford radio keeps forgetting its code. - henry k
My Ford 5000RDS radio has started to forget its code and I have to reinput it.

It is one of the common radios with the preset buttons on a pad that can be flicked out " for added security". ( My security is that it is a tape player.)
www.xcarlink.hu/images/Ford/Ford_5000rds.jpg

The problem is becoming more frequent and I now it will sometimes not respond when I reinputting the code.

Time for a Fleabay replacement?

Ford radio keeps forgetting its code. - The Nut
Other than checking that it's not losing power, such as a bad connection on the multiplug, I'd say it's time to bin it. Local scrap yard will probably have some if you don't want to go the ebay route. I paid about £20 for one last year at a scrap yard.
 Ford radio keeps forgetting its code. - Iffy
I take it you know about the little spring clips in the two pairs of holes on the front to get the unit out.
 Ford radio keeps forgetting its code. - Zero
I have a full set of car radio removal keys henry you can borrow if you need them.
 Ford radio keeps forgetting its code. - Bellboy
never seen this before
i have seen many go off due to the front not being in correctly
as said might be a rear entry power issue
post the serial number up if you buy one without the code an d i can calculate it for you
Thanks for all the advice to date.
The front panel never gets removed as no one wants a tape player but I guess they might nick the little pad.
I have no idea if it is loosing power but the symptons point that way. It always lights up when I switch on or else the LCD says "CODE"
Thanks for the offer of keys. I have some appropriate ones hiding somewhere.
I think the first move is to extract the whole unit and plug/ unplug the connection / clean them.
A job for the morrow subject to SWMBOs transport needs.
>>Other than checking that it's not losing power, such as a bad connection on the multiplug,
>>
A late reply
I eventually found not one but two sets of missing extractor tools and then extracted the radio from the dash.
I disconnected / reconnected the multiplug several times to try to wipe the contacts and then did the same for the fuse hiding behind the radio in a holder dangling off the loom.
This seems to have sorted it, so thanks to all for advice.
Latest Forum Posts