Motoring Discussion > Incensed I was... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 19

Incensed I was... - R.P.
Driving back from my morning engagement this lunchtime I found myself following a 7.5 tonner from a local frozen food company (Harlech Frozen Foods) the idle idiot driving was systematically chucking out the packaging from his unhealthy lunch as he drove along...this must be one of the prettiest parts of the country and this imbecile was polluting. I was so cross about it that I Facebooked the company with the trcuk reg number and the last drop he did. I hope they google themselves regularly and find this.
 Incensed I was... - Runfer D'Hills
Good.
 Incensed I was... - Westpig
>> Good.
>>
Ditto
 Incensed I was... - Harleyman
Well done you. Lorry drivers get enough bad press as it is without muppets like that making it worse.
 Incensed I was... - Zero
probably an agency driver.
 Incensed I was... - legacylad
Years ago we had a shop in Wetherby. At Harewoid a numpty pulled out in front of us after picking up two sprogs from a local school. Following behind said numpty, all the way to Collingham, said sprogs threw litter out of the windows. Being higher up in my van we saw all this going on...crisp packets, sweet papers etc. my missus was fuming. Not a pleasant sight I can tell you. She told me to follow the car and as it pulled into the drive of their rather lovely home she was out of the van like a rat up a drainpipe, yanked opened the drivers door of the car and gave the driver, whom I presume was Mummy and not an au pair, the mother and father of all tongue lashings. She must have been in shock for weeks. This happened twenty years ago and I remember it as if it were only yesterday.
 Incensed I was... - Fursty Ferret
>> the drivers door of the car and gave the driver, whom I presume was Mummy
>> and not an au pair, the mother and father of all tongue lashings.
>>

Good!

A few years back a passenger lobbed a half finished cigarette out of the window onto the pavement as I walked past. I picked it up and threw it into the rear passenger footwell with the words "I think you dropped this", and then bravely ran away.
 Incensed I was... - Tigger

>>
>> A few years back a passenger lobbed a half finished cigarette out of the window
>> onto the pavement as I walked past. I picked it up and threw it into
>> the rear passenger footwell with the words "I think you dropped this", and then bravely
>> ran away.
>>
I've always wanted to be in the right place/time to do this!
 Incensed I was... - Mapmaker
>> I picked it up and threw it into
>> the rear passenger footwell with the words "I think you dropped this", and then bravely
>> ran away.
>>
>I've always wanted to be in the right place/time to do this!

Problem is it won't stop them from doing it again, and they just think you're an idiot - bit like Harleyman's self-righteous rant about being done for having a motorbike with illegal plates. He's not going to change them even with his £100 fine, is he.
 Incensed I was... - borasport
good on yer'
 Incensed I was... - Armel Coussine
I don't do gross littering - pizza wrappers and McD boxes, that sort of thing - and have a low regard for those who do it. But I do throw cigarette ends on the carriageway or in the gutter and hurl the odd banana skin into the bushes.

I would not take kindly to being scolded or assaulted by some sanctimonious OCD prat. Nor would I bother to scold anyone.
 Incensed I was... - Mapmaker
Pizza boxes are readily biodegradable.

Cigarette butts however are not. Moreover, they are full of nicotine - toxic to wildlife - as well as (apparently) cadmium, lead and arsenic. According to a stop-smoking website, there is enough nicotine in 200 discarded butts to kill a human being. Don't know if I believe that.

Please don't litter your fag ends. Please instead, if you must, litter your pizza boxes.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 16 Apr 14 at 12:46
 Incensed I was... - Robin O'Reliant
I live 14 miles from the nearest McDonalds and yet the hedgerows are often littered with discarded packaging.
 Incensed I was... - Shiny
I never go to McDonalds, but when I once did a chav threw all kinds of rubbish out his car window, he then got out and went into the shop, so I emptied strawberry milkshake all over his car and then hastily drove off.
 Incensed I was... - Slidingpillar
I once popped the wrappers and drink cartons from a meal at McDonalds back through the window of the car that had just chucked them in the street. Driver went loopy at me. But it was a fairly busy street and lots of other people could see the oaf making a fool of himself, so he shut up, got back in the car and drove off.

A perfectly serviceable bin was less that 15 feet from his car.
 Incensed I was... - Shiny

>> Cigarette butts however are not.

It should be, nicotine is just a leaf and they are biodegradable and the filters are rayon made from lime tree twigs.
>> nicotine is just a leaf and they are biodegradable and the filters are rayon made from lime tree twigs.

Quite right ST, and dog-ends on the road are ground to dust or, in towns, swept up or washed away by rain.

All that stuff about deadly heavy metals is just exaggerated balderdash eagerly bleated by anti-smoking wonks, bad cess to them (no offence to anyone here of course, unless they deserve it).

Some might say that filters by the roadside, especially these days outside pubs and restaurants, are an eyesore. But they are a very minor one, dwarfed by others that no one bothers to mention. Only rabid anti-smoking wonks focus on them and expostulate. Prats.

Perhaps they should sweep them up themselves, like the American author living near here who cycles about picking up litter from the roads (none of it mine). A lot more public-spirited than the usual shrill carping.
 Incensed I was... - Bromptonaut

>> It should be, nicotine is just a leaf and they are biodegradable and the filters
>> are rayon made from lime tree twigs.

The butts degrade very slowly indeed. Previous occupant of house next door had a son (teens/twenties) who smoked leaning out of his bedroom window. Butt often landed on our side of the fence.

Last weekend I pressure washed the patio which meant moving bins and jetting behind a fixed composter. Dislodged half a dozen butts. The paper and any remnants of baccy were long gone but filters were pretty much intact.
It's a bit gross chucking yr dog-ends next door. Damn cheek in fact... why didn't you ask him to use an ashtray?
 Incensed I was... - NortonES2
I think you meant to say tobacco is just a leaf? Nicotine is a poison.
Latest Forum Posts