Motoring Discussion > Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 31

Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Zero
Yesterday in Knightsbridge, Caught live on video here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfS8iz2NaLE&list=UUIRgR4iANHI2taJdz8hjwLw

News report here

www.standard.co.uk/news/london/the-moment-a-250k-lamborghini-aventador-flies-into-the-air-after-glancing-off-one-car-before-hitting-another-in-kensington-smash-9228198.html
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 1 Apr 14 at 15:56
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Focusless
Looks like car pulling out's fault (Mazda?), although Lambo perhaps going a bit quick?
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Armel Coussine
More the other car's fault I would say, the one coming out from the Harrods dogleg and turning right. What was it, some sort of modern minicab or hire vehicle? Hire drivers do become careless and arrogant. It's unhealthy work bad for the disposition.

But it's highly likely that the Lamborghini was being driven without due care and a bit quickly. You couldn't really tell but it seemed from the sound to have a bit of throttle on.

Sloane Street isn't all that wide but it isn't difficult either. The hire car should really get 75% of the blame, but then the Lamborghini driver should have known that cars like that have to really pussyfoot in central London. Wasn't one of its pixelated passengers a blonde supermodel type?
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Enoughalready
It's an at fault measure of 45/55.

Would have been equal to blame but the Lambo driver loses due to reversed cap.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Runfer D'Hills
You do have to have your wits about you when navigating around London but it isn't all that difficult really. Mainly though you do have to accept that there is an unwritten understanding that if a gap is even vaguely available someone will fill it and pulling out in front of other traffic is more or less accepted practice.

Indeed the MPV driver was mostly to blame but he was mainly just driving in the local style. The sort of manoeuvre which would at the very least cause road rage in the provinces but is largely normal in the capital.

I'd not have been tooling the Lamborghini quite so quickly in that street either.

Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - sooty123
Looks like the mazda driver could do with an eye test. Never saw the Lamborghini, just dawdled out of the junction.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - NortonES2
Wasn't there a video of said Lambo racing away from pedestrian crossing, at an impressive rate? Video stopped short of the collisions!
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - No FM2R
Not justifying any bad behaviour, but holding a supercar under 30mph is difficult and requires constant thought, even if you want to.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Armel Coussine
>> holding a supercar under 30mph is difficult and requires constant thought

Good God, holding any car under 30mph for any length of time is very tiresome and no one in their right mind would do it merely because that was the limit.

But I think these modern 'supercars' are quite tractable when driven properly. They will trickle along at idle in the gears at quite low speeds. They also have a very long throttle movement, to help drivers not get sudden wheelspin and gyrate off up a lamp post.

Problem is you can get used to anything, familiarity breeds contempt, one day you aren't really concentrating and there you are, bollixed by some prat in a minicab. Just because you want to hear a nice noise for a couple of seconds. Personally I would have waited until further down Sloane Street.

Young chap no doubt, will learn a lesson if capable of it. I just hope it was his car and not the blonde's. Her body language didn't seem best pleased.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - BobbyG
The guy who took that video makes a living just filming supercars, mostly in London, and posting to his youtube channel.
Now drives a McLaren himself, all from Youtube hits
>>Now drives a McLaren himself, all from Youtube hits

No disrespect intended, but I kind of doubt that. That would be one hell of a profit.
>> >>Now drives a McLaren himself, all from Youtube hits
>>
>> No disrespect intended, but I kind of doubt that. That would be one hell of
>> a profit.

well lets put that into perspective, based on the hits and revenue form my highest grossing video, his google adsense income from that crash video alone, in the 24 hours its been up will have earned him about 1.5 thousand dollars
And what's a McLaren? (I have no idea). £500k?

So, 400 days/videos as viral as that one? And that's assuming he spent 100% of his profit on the car.

I don't think so.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Dave_
>> And what's a McLaren? (I have no idea). £500k?

Basic new price £168,500, expect a bit of a discount as they're not the last word in reliability... Six nearly-new 12Cs currently for sale on Auto Trader under £130k.
Last edited by: Dave_C220CDI on Tue 1 Apr 14 at 22:39
Really? Wow, who knew! I thought that they were loads more than that. Ever driven one?

Mind you, he won't get one of those either.
Ok doing some further research on his channel, his TOTAL income up to end of march would have been about 1300 dollars. Looking at that crash vid (I see its now 1.5 million hits) his income from that alone will be about 3,900 dollars and will be more in the coming days because he only has overlay adds in place, in-stream adds will kick in after 24 hours giving him higher earning potential.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 1 Apr 14 at 21:45
So, nowhere near a McLaren then.

Either that or I am going to start being considerably nicer to you so I can ask for a loan.
depends how viral his vid gets. I would guess he will be able to bank over a million bucks before it runs out of steam.
NAFC.
NO? well you are wrong. do the math (as the yanks say)
1.5 million hits = £3,500

214 million hits = £500,000

Breath not being held...
comfortable enough to buy a Mclaren. And he would tell you to pee off if you asked for a loan.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - VxFan
>> Yesterday in Knightsbridge,

Mentioned earlier as well

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=16817&m=376672&v=e
Ok doing some further research on his channel, his TOTAL income up to end of march would have been about 1300 dollars

Does that include the hits on all his videos or just for March alone?
www.youtube.com/user/Shmee150
22 million views on his top 10 videos?
shmee150.com/about-shmee150/

seems to have had a good job before this took off....
>> Ok doing some further research on his channel, his TOTAL income up to end of
>> march would have been about 1300 dollars
>>
>> Does that include the hits on all his videos or just for March alone?

Hmm cocked up there. must have linked to the wrong channel, he's had 85 million hits in total to date, and you earn on average 1k dollars per 500k hits,

Now the thing is, looking at his channel content, how is it he just happened to be there at that time with his camera on. looks to me like a prearranged shoot that went wrong.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - R.P.
I thought that as well...
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - Ateca chris
>>>looks to me like a prearranged shoot that went wrong>>>

The prang was a bonus.
 Lamborghini - Aventador crash in London caught on film - R.P.
The money shot so to speak...
I think the guy spends all day, most days, in the streets around Harrods so probably not too surprising to catch this on film!
Latest Forum Posts