Motoring Discussion > BMW X6 SAC - Is this the current model? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 6

BMW X6 SAC - Is this the current model? - Falkirk Bairn
My son is looking to buying an X6. Earlier in the week he asked this question. YES was the answer so he placed his order to pick up tomorrow.

Transferring Insurance today the Ins Co asked if it was a 2009 (245BHP) or 2010 (255BHP)...........................the 255 bhp model were announced Jan 2010 shipping after April 2010...............................

Challenged the garage / salesman denied any knowledge of the newer engine and its 7% better fuel consumption....................

LIE to ME seems to have graduated from the TV to a BMW garage possibly near you.
He had asked the same question of 3 x garages before placing his order where he was getting the best T/I & price.

PS - I know it is ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 BMW X6 SAC - Is this the current model? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Inevitably it will be the 2009 version... And don't all manufacturers always list somewhere in small print that specifications are likely to change at any time?

Can't imagine the car needs the additional 10bhp, and if fuel economy is a concern then I think he's buying the wrong car ;-)

FWIW I like the X6, apart from the back seat which has been designed for 2 people only.
 BMW X6 SAC - Is this the current model? - Skoda
>> PS - I know it is ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The poor guy that it's come to this, X6 ownership :-( My thoughts and condolences at this tough time FB :-P

I love BMWs more than the next guy but jeezo there's some lemons in the lineup!

>> Can't imagine the car needs the additional 10bhp, and if fuel economy is a concern
>> then I think he's buying the wrong car ;-)
>>

It's not the fuel ecomy or lack of - it's the resale value in 2 years or so when it will be marked down as a less desirable/less valuable version. Which could be a good few thousand - at T/I time any excuse to mark it down is a good excuse.
 BMW X6 SAC - Is this the current model? - rtj70
Maybe they did know it was an old model and that is why he got the deal he did? Time still to cancel?
Car order cancelled teatime tonight.

False description of goods, deposit returned to CC

By buying over thephone hHe could have driven it away and still returned the car within 7 days - distance selling allows 7 days cooling off.
 BMW X6 SAC - Is this the current model? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Glad to hear there was no fuss in returning the deposit.

Someitmes, salespeople honestly don't know about product changes. Either the Marketing or Production teams are too dozy to communicate to everyone, or the salespeople are deliberately kept in the dark so that they don't hold sales back to wait for the newer/better product..!
Latest Forum Posts