Motoring Discussion > BBC reporters don't drive Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Tooslow Replies: 9

BBC reporters don't drive - Tooslow
There's a lazy interview with Luca Di Montezemolo on news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10265363.stm . They even refer to him as "Luca Montezemolo". The California is criticised for having two exhausts. Gosh! have you looked at the back end of a Civic lately? And the photo shows two exhaust pipes sticking out of the rear nearside of a California. Now I can't be bothered going out to the garage to check ( :-) ) but I reckon there's another two on the other side. Four! Goodness gracious. L d M has the good sense to point out that it doesn't matter if it has one, two or ten it's the emissions that count.

I'd grumble on the BBC web site but I'd have to register and then, having once seen one episode of Points of View, purely by accident you understand while setting the recorder, I would anticipate being patronised by someone at the BBC who knows what's best for me.

That's today's grunble out of the way, best to do it early :-)

JH

Moved full stop at the end of the link as it was preventing it from working
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 9 Jun 10 at 10:15
 BBC reporters don't drive - Hard Cheese

The name gaffe aside it seems fairly well balanced to me, LdM was able to make his points and did so clearly.

I guess the exhausts quote was meant to say mean that it has not just one, but two exhausts "each side".

BBC reporters don't drive - bathtub tom
There was a BBC report (on the regional news I think) about a 'quantum advance in computer processing', but didn't explain what it was. Several video clips over dialogue, but all I got was it appeared to be something about LEDs on processor chips.
 BBC reporters don't drive - jc2
Most BBC reporters seem to drive LWB Defenders.
 BBC reporters don't drive - L'escargot
>> They even refer to
>> him as "Luca Montezemolo".

That's a minor error compared with names of countries being spelt with a lower case letter at the beginning, as frequently happens in Car4play posts!
L.
that's the least of it but we're not paid for our prose by the BBC.
JH
 BBC reporters don't drive - Zero
>> That's a minor error compared with names of countries being spelt with a lower case
>> letter at the beginning, as frequently happens in Car4play posts!

i only do it to wind you up. todays effort is outer mongolia.
Z, you missed a trick a couple of weeks back. You didn't once mention the constantinople Grand Prix :-)
JH
Last edited by: Tooslow on Wed 9 Jun 10 at 14:32
 BBC reporters don't drive - Zero
the one founded by the roman emperor constantine, in turkey?
That's the one, though if you were being traditional I suppose it ought to be the Byzantium Grand Prix.

JH
Latest Forum Posts