Motoring Discussion > Air con cleaner Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Air con cleaner - bathtub tom
My air-con's starting to smell like the inside of a Turkish wrestler's jock strap. There's a plethora of cleaners and sanitisers out there. Can anyone recommend any one product over another?
 Air con cleaner - MD
Yep. Run it on hot for a while turning off vents to feed others and vice versa. Twill kill the bacteria that makes it stink. Bet you only use it when it's 'needed'.

M
>>Bet you only use it when it's 'needed'.

SWMBO uses that car the most. Whenever I get in it I'll run the air-con as long as I've got at least ten minutes at the end to try and clear any condensation. I've tried explaining the theory to her, but...................
 Air con cleaner - nice but dim
I purchased one of these for mine to try. TBH the AC system on my car is rubbish so I cant tell the difference. I saw them on sale at the weekend in the local Aldi.

Worth a try?

www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_13632.htm
Last edited by: nice but dim on Tue 8 Jun 10 at 20:28
We've got an ALDI due to open last week. I've been told it's been delayed indefinitely because the doors don't fit! The next nearest's about twenty miles away.
 Air con cleaner - Cpt. Flack
I bought two of these from Aldi and had to take them back. On depressing the button on top it should lock in place to release the contents. Wouldn't lock in place on both.
Try a similar product that does operate correctly. Made by Comma and sold at Halfords.
Latest Forum Posts