Virgin 211 (213 + 1 hour)

www.discoveryuk.com/web/wheeler-dealers/episode-guide-series-9/

17th Sept. Lamborghini Uracco

24th Sept. Ford Popular

1st Oct. Corvette C2 Stingray

8th Oct. FSO Syrena

15th Oct. Lotus Elise

17th Oct. Cadillac Coupe

(## it's not been unknown for WD to change their lineup and show episodes in a different order)
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 16 Sep 13 at 01:09
 Wheeler Dealers 17th Sept - Alastairw
An FSO? Why on earth?
 Wheeler Dealers 17th Sept - Roger.
I investigated an FSO franchise before I took on Lada in 1986!
Had a drive in a Polonez. Really horrid even compared with a Lada!
 Wheeler Dealers 17th Sept - bathtub tom
>> An FSO? Why on earth?

Because they should. It's got as much right to be remembered as any other car, perhaps even more so because of its rarity value.

I remember Beaulieu having a discussion over whether or not they should include a Bond minicar in their collection. I think they did and I for one believe they were right.

I'd never heard of a Caterham 21 until today and thanks to Manatee I'm now aware of a pretty, little car.
 Wheeler Dealers 17th Sept - R.P.
Or maybe as a warning to other car-makers.
 Wheeler Dealers 17th Sept - Alanovich
>> An FSO? Why on earth?
>>

Commie countries produced some good cars in the 50s and 60s. The problems came in the 70s and 80s when they failed to produce more modern designs, and fell behind the West and the Far East (except, probably, the US and British Leyland).

I believe the FSO they're doing in WD is of the early post-war era, it's not one of the utter wheelbarrows from the 80s like the Polonez.

I'd like to see them do a Wartburg, first car I ever drove, around a field in Wales. A nice brown estate that we found in a barn shortly after buying a farm down there. Result.
 Wheeler Dealers 24/08/15 - VxFan
Anyone still watch WD?

It was back to basics on Monday's episode when Mike bought a Panda 4x4 for Edd to tart up.

Makes a refreshing change to return to bangernomics from the more expensive metal they've been showing of late.

wheelerdealers.discoveryuk.com/car/fiat-panda-4x4/

youtu.be/VBiHgPDfHeE (not sure how long the episode will remain on youtube before it's deleted - no, it's not mine)
 Wheeler Dealers 24/08/15 - Duncan
>> Anyone still watch WD?

I occasionally watch bits of it. Mike Brewer(?) drives me bananas.
 Wheeler Dealers 24/08/15 - helicopter
Used to quite like the programme but two completely separate friends ,one a now retired sarf Lunnun car dealer and the other involved with the production company......have met MB and both were distinctly unimpressed .......
 Wheeler Dealers 24/08/15 - No FM2R
>.have met MB and both were distinctly unimpressed ....

In the early days he dropped into the Backroom. Asked about his show and someone suggested an area they thought could be improved, quite politely if I recall correctly.

Teddy bears were thrown int eh corner and Brewer exited stage left never to be seen again.

Only a little incident but not really had much time for him since then.
 Wheeler Dealers 24/08/15 - VxFan
>> Mike Brewer(?) drives me bananas.

Surely you mean Edd ;)

www.cummfybanana.co.uk/
Latest Forum Posts