Motoring Discussion > Truck sandwich anyone ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 23

Truck sandwich anyone ? - R.P.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ancVRmnU-Ek

Prannock.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - -
Very annoying for the two lorry drivers, all that paperwork to fill in plus insurance accident reports including informing their own insurers, scratches to their trailers, general delays and mucking about for all and sundry.

Presumably the biker posted this himself, the undertaking manoeuvers alone prior to the prang, could they be retrospectively charged if the old bill view this and use it as evidence?
Yes, I guess so - if you look closely, the Mondeo has noticed the stopped lorries - and was braking in anticipation - what was the biker thinking of ?
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - NortonES2
Karma. Had another word in mind, but karma will suffice.
Last edited by: NIL on Mon 5 Aug 13 at 19:10
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Harleyman
>> Yes, I guess so - if you look closely, the Mondeo has noticed the stopped
>> lorries - and was braking in anticipation - what was the biker thinking of ?
>>

Car directly behind had hazards on; look between the lorries and you can see a queue of stationary traffic.
You assume (wrongly) that the rider was thinking.

Serves him damn well right, if he hadn't got the brains to read the road ahead he deserved it. And was lucky not to be squashed.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Mon 5 Aug 13 at 21:49
And even more stupid to post the result.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Harleyman
>> And even more stupid to post the result.
>>

I quite agree. Might as well go and hand himself in on a charge of driving without due care and attention.

Truck sandwich anyone ? - henry k
>> And even more stupid to post the result.
>>
Its gorn!
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - swiss tony
>> - what was the biker thinking of ?
>>

He wasn't - thinking that is.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Manatee
Not looking far enough ahead. Speed/workload too high for him to cope with the weaving and the necessary observation at the same time.

Difficult to judge on video, but I had the impression the Mondeo driver knocked some speed off to make space for the next weave, so he or she at least was aware of what was going on around them.

Classic howler really, couldn't wait to get around that last car and didn't bother to wonder why it was so slow and to look down the road to see why.

Not the kind of error you want to make too many times on a bike, I'm sure I did it once and t-boned somebody turning right out of a minor road - in my case, one of those accidents that's not your fault but that you know you should have avoided. I pitched right over the car and fortunately landed well and walked away.

Fair play to him for posting it, but it might have been wiser not to.
Last edited by: Manatee on Mon 5 Aug 13 at 22:28
My scooter accident wasn't my fault - but what irritates me is that I could have avoided it - again it was a workload issue - I was itching to be out on the bike after the snows stopped me - it was -2 or less, I had concerns about the road surface/ice, in normal conditions I would have scrubbed the speed off easily and slotted in behind the truck instead of being forced up his inside - my fate was sealed early on in the deal......
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Fullchat
All part of the learning curve RP. The above clearly has a lot to learn.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Boxsterboy
Darwin's theory of evolution in the real world.
www.liveleak.com/view?i=ebc_1375334565

He forgotm to take it down from here.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - VxFan
What I fail to understand is that he had time to swerve to the left and go down the inside of the lorry in the LH lane.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - henry k
His expletives describe his road skills ?
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Dog
He most likely had "A Momentary Lapse of Reason".
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Robin O'Reliant
>> He most likely had "A Momentary Lapse of Reason".
>>

Not to mention a momentary lapse of control over his bowels.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - FocalPoint
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Tue 6 Aug 13 at 11:33
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - zookeeper
mind the gap... i think i would of plumped for a slide along the grass verge
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - swiss tony
>> mind the gap... i think i would of plumped for a slide along the grass verge
>>

I think I would have noticed catching up on the trucks fairly quickly, and slowed down long before...

I guess the guy just 'zoned out'
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Tigger
I remember looking ahead, and being happy that I could fit through the gap ahead safely. The only problem was that I was looking so far ahead I'd forgotten the car directly in front of me - and the gap wasn't wide enough for him. Fortunately I realised just as I was about to open the throttle, and was able to brake instead.
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Armel Coussine
What I didn't realise the first time I saw this clip was that there's obviously a fault with that bike's brakes. I just assumed the biker was gung-ho enough to try to pass through the gap without stopping, and miscalculated its width. But there's no apparent compression of the front forks, as there would be under braking.

Nor did I hear the (mild and reasonable by my standards) muttered oaths as the lorries drew closer.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 7 Aug 13 at 18:37
 Truck sandwich anyone ? - Robin O'Reliant
The rider was wearing a helmet cam, so it would be difficult to tell exactly what the forks were doing as he appeared to lift his head just before impact.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 7 Aug 13 at 18:37
Latest Forum Posts