Motoring Discussion > Parking at St Pancras Station Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 7

Parking at St Pancras Station - Duncan
Has anyone used the NCP short term parking at St Pancras station?

How near is it to the platforms?

I am due to meet some people off Eurostar who are going on to St James's Street and I am wondering how convenient the whole operation would be.

Or should I push them on to a black cab?
 Parking at St Pancras Station - jc2
Ther used to be a short term car-park at the back of King's Cross(next door)-first half hour free.Don't know it it's still there-access was from the road between the stations.
 Parking at St Pancras Station - brettmick
I use Kings Cross almost every day. All of the area around Kings Cross/St Pancras is a mess at the moment as they are into some of the serious construction bits of the Kings Cross station redevelopment.

The little drop off point next to Kings Cross (over the road from the international entrance) is there but more often than not blocked off for deliveries.

Personally I would recommend a black cab to be honest, there are tonnes of them there and going on to St James' it probably wouldn't be much more than the NCP costs.

Just to clarify.

If I did this I would be doing it as a job. I am a licensed private hire operator, my passengers would want to be met inside the station.

Unless the NCP car park is close to the platforms, it wouldn't be worth it for me or them. It's touch and go in any case, by the time I have paid/charged for the trip from Surrey up to town and then paid/charged the congestion charge.

In which case they would be better off using a black cab.
 Parking at St Pancras Station - henry k
>>......and then paid/charged the congestion charge.
The station is outside the congestion charge area.
No need to go in the congestion charge area from Surrey.
I have done the trip from Esher area to there many many times
Thanks henry, but then I have to take the passengers to St James's.
 Parking at St Pancras Station - Armel Coussine
Unless you are then taking them to Surrey later it's going to cost them far more to use you than to get a black cab at the station. Of course they may have other reasons for wanting you.
 Parking at St Pancras Station - henry k
Duncan - Sorry I forgot about St James's
Latest Forum Posts