Motoring Discussion > Water Bombs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Redviper Replies: 14

Water Bombs - Redviper
Hi
What would fellow C4P Members do.

In our area there a re a few bad apple teenagers, and now and again they take to “playing” with the traffic on the semi busy road, that has various junctions into residential area’s

Sometimes it snowballs, other times its pretending to be injured by fighting so someone stops, to help and then they run off now its escalated to flinging water balloons at cars.
The thing is you cant see them on approach and if you stop they promptly run off, into the enclosed council estate behind the main road. Of course they are younger and more agile so its pointless anyway.
I know they want this reaction – however one hit the side of my door the other day and really startled me – what if they cause a accident I thought they might have damaged it – I cant see any but it made a terrible thud!.

But where does it stop today water balloons tomorrow rocks and stones

The Police aren’t interested and if they saw a police car they simply run off, into the aforementioned estate anyway the council aren’t interested because “there is nothing we can do” unless you have collected times and dates, but its never any specific time anyway so you don’t know if they are going to be there.

Some people might say that im over reacting, but am i? all I want is to drive to and from work in peace and have no damaged inflicted on my car that I pay a lot of money for
So what does one do, live with it?
 Water Bombs - Bigtee
Some people might say that im over reacting, but am i? Kids will be kids let them have there fun eventually they will get bored with it.

Failing that get a paintball gun and shoot them!
 Water Bombs - Redviper
>> Failing that get a paintball gun and shoot them!
>>

I Actually thought seriously about that
 Water Bombs - Old Navy
Try tipping off the local rag about the "out of control" youngsters on the estate and the danger to traffic. Nothing like a bit of "Police do nothing" publicity to get their attention.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 28 May 10 at 11:57
 Water Bombs - Skoda
Local press is a good shout.

Your local school(s), but it will only be reading out a message at school assembly.

Your local council are ultimately the ones who will deal with this, so you need to get the ball rolling with them. You want them to like you so nice and persistant at the same time are the order of the day, and you don't have to hold back on questions re: who's doing what right now, as long as they're "friendly but concerned".

Your MP is your escalation point for council inaction, so you need to let the council wheels turn for a week before engaging them (don't leave it too long). Also it improves your chances of your MP doing something, they hate it when you land something at their doorstep but it's much easier for them to jump on the council bash band wagon if you're approaching them for support to tackle the council into action.

The local police might seem the best option but to be honest they aren't really the right folks for this in modern law governed society, so i don't know if i'd approach them, let the council come up with specific actions for the police.
 Water Bombs - FotheringtonTomas
You are not "over-reacting".

Try one o' they there in-car video things. Then you'll have evidence which will be useful.
 Water Bombs - Lygonos
When I was a nipper we had 2 pranks, usually for darker winter evenings...

1. Pull a plastic haribrush across the road on a string to emulate a hedgehog crossing the road,

2. Have one chap either side of the road pretending to be pulling a (non-existent) rope at chest height across the road between them.

Taught a lot about driver behaviour....
 Water Bombs - Skoda
>> 2. Have one chap either side of the road pretending to be pulling a (non-existent) rope at chest height across the road between them.

2 boys were doing this at the entrance to our housing estate. I'd never seen it before (sheltered upbringing eh!), i know i shouldn't have laughed but i couldn't help it, i was in stitches as i approached.
 Water Bombs - L'escargot
Retaliate with petrol bombs!
;-)
 Water Bombs - Lygonos
Supersoaker filled with 'kidney by-product' ?
 Water Bombs - Bigtee
Supersoaker filled with urine.................
 Water Bombs - Iffy
My stupid moment was tossing an apple into the path of a Morris Oxford.

Hit it square on the windscreen and the result of the impact was quite spectacular - bits of apple flew in all directions.

Forty years on, I find myself in sympathy with Red Viper, but with few answers for him.

Confrontation should be avoided, the local paper is not a bad shout, but they will want an aggrieved driver to 'go public'.

Perhaps the whole thing is best ignored, or RV should consider taking an alternative route to work for a few weeks.

A final thought, I think it might be a wise precaution to put the roof up on the CC3 when I pass through the Darlo area later on the way to the caravan. :)
 Water Bombs - Redviper
Thanks Everyone all thoughts taken on board i just worry that my car will get damaged.

ifithelps:

Yes I would when passing through Darlo, TBH i would whenever you go through this town, air conditioning is a godsend, at least i can have the windows up to stop missiles coming into the car
 Water Bombs - bathtub tom
Ignore them, they're looking for a reaction.

To quote HIGNFY:

Deprive them of the oxygen of publicity, or, deprive them of oxygen. ;>)
 Water Bombs - L'escargot
>> Confrontation should be avoided, the local paper is not a bad shout, but they will
>> want an aggrieved driver to 'go public'.

Not necessarily. Letters to the editor can often be published without revealing the writer's identity.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Sat 29 May 10 at 07:27
Latest Forum Posts