Motoring Discussion > Zero tolerance in Spain Legal Questions
Thread Author: lancara Replies: 9

Zero tolerance in Spain - lancara
A warning if travelling in Spain this year - The previous 10% allowance on speed limits before fines were imposed has been replaced this week by zero tolerance. In theory 1 kph over is a €100 fine, 21 kph over €300, etc.

Programming a GPS whilst driving - €200 plus 3 points

Radar detectors - €6,000 fine (no discount)

Discounts up to 50% for early payment
 Zero tolerance in Spain - Dog
That's one way to boost the flagging coffers I spose.
 Zero tolerance in Spain - diddy1234
so the same could happen here in the UK then (since were broke) !
 Zero tolerance in Spain - Skoda
I doubt it, he's got limited tolerance no matter where he is... :-P
 Zero tolerance in Spain - L'escargot
I couldn't have put it better myself!
 Zero tolerance in Spain - Focusless
Aren't they going to have lots of challenges as to the accuracy of their equipment?
 Zero tolerance in Spain - Dog
>>Aren't they going to have lots of challenges as to the accuracy of their equipment?<<

It's in Spain Senor Focus - things are done differently in Spain.
 Zero tolerance in Spain - Roger.
If you're stopped by a couple of heavies, armed to the teeth and wearing the dreaded "Green Police" uniform - are YOU going to argue? The Guardia Civil have a certain reputation, you know!
We have received in the post today a leaflet from DGT (Direccion General de Trafico) telling we inhabitants of Spain the new rules.
www.reformaleydetrafico.es/cat/infracciones.html will give details of fixed points deductions for speeding penalties and other traffic offences.
You start with points and they deduct points on the given scale for infractions: null puntos = trouble!
Last edited by: landsker on Wed 26 May 10 at 21:53
 Zero tolerance in Spain - -
That'll help cut down on pesky tourists, self foot shoot in.
 Zero tolerance in Spain - Focusless
>> If you're stopped by a couple of heavies, armed to the teeth and wearing the
>> dreaded "Green Police" uniform - are YOU going to argue?

If that's a reference to my question about challenging the accuracy of the equipment, then, er, probably not :)

However I was actually thinking about legal challenges in court rather than roadside arguments.
Latest Forum Posts