Motoring Discussion > Ridiculous Road Spending? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: IJWS14 Replies: 3

Ridiculous Road Spending? - IJWS14
The A38 between Weeford Island and Bassets pole is down to one lane each way and 30mph - causing chaos on the surrounding roads.

The signs indicate resurfacing but why? - the road is fine.

Apart from 2 or 3 patches the road surface is fine - or is this another example of GB spending money he didn't have (the work started before the election).

I cna think of several roads which merit the work much more.
 Ridiculous Road Spending? - hobby
Its been like that for weeks now... and a couple of weeks ago they stuck in average speed cameras... the limit is stupidity at its worse... the minimum it should be is 40... btw we haven't seen any work on it apart from about 20 yards of new crash barrier half way along...

Perhaps they are planning a new 50 limit and reducing it to one lane like the A456 and A449 dual carriageways just outside Kidderminster...

Its interesting that their excuse for reducing the limit to 50 on the dual carriageway section of the A449 between Kidderminster and Worcester was to make it safer... so what did I see last night? A sign in the middle of the 50 asking for witnesses to a "serious" collision... seems even 50 is too quick for some!

For their next trick...
Last edited by: hobby on Tue 25 May 10 at 17:49
 Ridiculous Road Spending? - Cliff Pope
I think it is pretty general. Local councils have far too much money to spend on road maintenance, and they seize on any excuse to put up obstacles, temporary traffic lights, minor unnecessary resurfacing, new bollards, landscaped verges, etc.

What they don't understand is how to do a quality road surface repair that will last.
Roman roads lasted a 1000 years. Carmarthenshire county council roads last about 2 months.
 Ridiculous Road Spending? - Old Navy
I agree with inappropriate road spending. A smooth running five way roundabout near me was totally screwed up with fourteen (yes 14) sets of traffic lights and light controlled crossings. It must have cost a fortune with the associated road works, and is now a traffic disaster causing congestion in the surrounding area. Is/was there a policy of traffic disruption?
Latest Forum Posts