Motoring Discussion > Dick Trickle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 19

Dick Trickle - Robin O'Reliant
A man who had a hole drilled in the front of his helmet and insisted on cigarette lighters in his car so he could smoke during the yellow flag periods of a NASCAR race is my kind of guy.

Sad to hear of his passing -

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nascar-legend-dick-trickle-kills-himself-after-calling-police-to-tell-them-where-to-find-his-body-8620939.html
 Dick Trickle - Runfer D'Hills
Phew ! I thought you were going ask for advice about a "health" issue after an illicit encounter...
 Dick Trickle - Zero
I was reaching for the health encyclopaedia P for Prostate.
>> Phew ! I thought you were going ask for advice about a "health" issue after
>> an illicit encounter...
>>

Hey, this is Robin Reliant, not BBD.
 Dick Trickle - Pat
He get's the thumbs up from me too:)

I always make sure I have one in each hand on National No Smoking Day, ........because I can!

Pat
 Dick Trickle - Zero
He was dying of lung cancer I understand. Not bright those Nascar Drivers.
 Dick Trickle - No FM2R
Being driven to two cigarettes on no-smoking day is about as daft as being driven to none; both show the impact of peer pressure rather than independent thought.

Mind you, I don't understand why any smoker cares about non-smokers or vice versa. I was a smoker from 14 - 42ish and a non-smoker for the last 10ish years. As far as I can see both camps talk a bunch of twaddle, both camps could do with getting over themselves, and each could show considerably more tolerance to the other.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 17 May 13 at 19:11
 Dick Trickle - Pat
>>Being driven to two cigarettes on no-smoking day is about as daft as being driven to none; both show the impact of peer pressure rather than independent thought.
<<

Have you no sense of humour whatsoever?

Pat
 Dick Trickle - Zero
No, he's a miserable ex smoker,
>> No, he's a miserable ex smoker,
>>

All ex smokers are miserable.
>>All ex smokers are miserable.

Maybe I'm deluding myself but I feel kinda cool with being an ex-smoker now. Don't seem to miss it at all these days. Nor do I have any issues with those who do smoke. That would hardly be fair given the number of years I did it. Up to them to decide what they want to do just as it's up to me to decide what's best for me. Live and let live would seem to be the line of least resistance to me.
Just got me to thinking about this again. The cigs I liked are now £8.25 a pack at our corner shop. At 20 a day that's £3011.25 a year. That's quite a lot isn't it?
 Dick Trickle - borasport
>> Just got me to thinking about this again. The cigs I liked are now £8.25
>> a pack at our corner shop. At 20 a day that's £3011.25 a year. That's
>> quite a lot isn't it?
>>

When I was buying my first house I calculated what I was spending on fags was about 30% of my mortgage - made giving up that much easier, but if Humphs figures are for B&H, these days I'd be spending £501 quid a month versus £550 mortgage..........
 Dick Trickle - Zero
>> Just got me to thinking about this again. The cigs I liked are now £8.25
>> a pack at our corner shop. At 20 a day that's £3011.25 a year. That's
>> quite a lot isn't it?

Marlboro Reds? blimey, they were just over a fiver a pack when i gave them the ole heave ho.
 Dick Trickle - sooty123
>> >> No, he's a miserable ex smoker,
>> >>
>>
>> All ex smokers are miserable.
>>

Mind you smokers are hardly the jolliest bunch.
 Dick Trickle - bathtub tom
>>All ex smokers are miserable.

I keep myself happy by thinking about how much tax smokers are paying and how much less I have to pay as a result.
 Dick Trickle - Zero
>> >>All ex smokers are miserable.
>>
>> I keep myself happy by thinking about how much tax smokers are paying and how
>> much less I have to pay as a result.

This will cheer you up then, tax revenues from smoking are falling year by year. We are looking to you, tom of the bathtub, to make up the shortfall.
 Dick Trickle - No FM2R
>>Have you no sense of humour whatsoever?

Why drag it back to personal comment? I thought you didn't approve of that? You're not trying to bully me, are you?

Dick Trickle - Pat
>>>>Being driven to two cigarettes on no-smoking day is about as daft as being driven to none; both show the impact of peer pressure rather than independent thought.
<<
....that wasn't a personal comment from you?

It was a flippant remark, made in the spirit of the thread, understood as such by one and all.

Apart from you!

Let me get this right, of course you understood that, you're not stupid, just bored.

Now, that's a personal remark.

Pat
 Dick Trickle - No FM2R
oooo, have you no sense of humour at all?
Latest Forum Posts