Motoring Discussion > Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. Buying / Selling
Thread Author: madf Replies: 10

Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - madf
Sales down over 30% in the first third of 2013...

tinyurl.com/cofc5rx

and 2012 was down 29% on 2011.

fiatgroupworld.com/category/alfa-romeo/
Last edited by: madf on Fri 17 May 13 at 15:26
 Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - diddy1234
maybe the electric are playing with their sales figures as well as the cars !
 Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - PR
I wouldn't worry about Alfa. Fiat Group, although are struggling in Europe, and particularly Italy at the moment, are doing well elsewhere. In Brazil they continue to be the biggest selling manufacturer, and in the US they have had 36 consecutive months of sales increases.

They have also recently announced a 1.2Bn investment plan in Maserati and Alfa Romeo.

Since those models are still a year or two away, the Alfa sales figures will continue to be poor, until these models arrive
 Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - Biggles
There is a very tasty and relatively cheap sportscar on the way. If it gets good reviews, I am sure it will do wonders for Alfa's cash flow.
Are you on about the 4C? If so its fairly pricey, but there is also a new MX5 / Spider on its way also, joint venture between the 2 but with each companies design, engines and transmissions, that will be relatively cheap and interesting...(RWD)
 Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - Zero
>> Are you on about the 4C? If so its fairly pricey, but there is also
>> a new MX5 / Spider on its way also, joint venture between the 2 but
>> with each companies design, engines and transmissions, that will be relatively cheap and interesting...(RWD)

What like the arna you mean? that should have had Japanese build quality with italian style and performance, but instead ended up with.......
ha, right way round this time. Basically, they are developing (together) a small RWD chassis for the new MX5 / Spider. Each company will then design their own bodies. Each model will have their respective engines / transmissions, and the cars will all be built in Japan by Mazda
 Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - Armel Coussine
Build quality wasn't good at all, and that Cherry body was very floppy and unstiff, but the Arna went perfectly well, even my cooking single-carb version. The engine was terrific, smooth, zippy and unburstable, and the handling unusual for a front-drive car. But that particular example had been abused by former owners - Irish travellers I think - and its synchromesh was shot on most gears. All the double-declutching did for the clutch thrust bearing, so I thought sod it and threw it away.

A 1500cc version with two twin-choke downdraught Webers/Dellortos was available. There was a guy who club-raced one.

Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - Dog
>>The engine was terrific, smooth, zippy and unburstable

A boxer see, ya can't beat em Sire :)

Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - Runfer D'Hills
I would be mildly saddened if Alfa went. I've never had one but I've always admired them. Maybe they have their failings but I want to think they are bought mainly by people who like cars as opposed to just needing one. Bit like Saab in a funny way. Again I never had one but fairly much from when they did the 900 Turbo I always liked looking at them anyway.

Oh well, what will be will be I guess.

I was in convoy for several miles the other day with a white 159 saloon being driven by a very elegant blonde lady. The combination was stunning on an otherwise dull day. Somehow, she wouldn't have looked nearly as good in a Hyukia Doormatzu.
 Alfa Romeo - Buy your Alfa Romeo Now - before they go bust. - Dog
Eh, I nearly bought one of these en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alfa_Romeo_Junior_GT.JPG 40 years ago,
I can't say for sure why I didn't go ahead with the purchase, the missus reckons it was because I found out about their reliability, but I knew naff all about cars really, back then.

It could have been the high insurance cost as I was only about 20 or so, s'funny really because from 78 - 92 I was a'tuning and a'driving all these all these ere so-called desireable jamjars, and few of em impressed me much tbh.
Latest Forum Posts