Motoring Discussion > Broken down muppets Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

Broken down muppets - bathtub tom
I was in a queue for ages yesterday, here: goo.gl/maps/GtnSd Bottom of M11/A12.

A people carrier had broken down right at this spot resulting in a tailback of 500 yards or so. A van was parked in front with jump leads connected and a copper was there with his car.

Why on earth didn't they push it to the large area to the right?

The tailback was onto the A406 dual carriageway where people were attempting to join the queue by pushing in at the last minute resulting in them being stationary in the inside lane of the A406.

Coming back, someone else had broken down on the approach to the Blackwall tunnel. Abandoned in the middle of a lane, when it could easily have been pushed to an area a few tens of yards away
 Broken down muppets - Crankcase
At least you weren't behind John Le Mesurier, who famously "just got a bit bored of driving" one day whilst out and about and literally abandoned his car under the Hammersmith flyover.
 Broken down muppets - Bromptonaut
Must have been day for it yesterday.

Could have been a misfuel but there was one stopped by the pumps at Fosse Park Sainsbury's yesterday afternoon. Eventually flat backed away around 17:00.

In another piece of muppetry the lanes between pumps at Fosse Park are about 18 inches too narrow for cars to get between those stopped on pumps at either side so breakdown effectively put 3 pumps out of commission.

It just needed pushing onto the parking next to the mini-mart/pay kiosk.
 Broken down muppets - bathtub tom
I recently came across a car with its bonnet up at a fuel pump, effectively blocking the pump behind. A quick chat with the driver revealed a flat battery. I told him to shut the bonnet, jump in and I'll push him the fifty feet or so to the exit where he could run it down a hill to bump start it. Another guy saw what we were doing and helped push. It started easily.

All this took less than a minute. We returned to our cars to angry tooting from other customers we'd delayed!
 Broken down muppets - sooty123

>>
>> All this took less than a minute. We returned to our cars to angry tooting
>> from other customers we'd delayed!
>>

The mind boogles at some people.
 Broken down muppets - Tigger

>> All this took less than a minute. We returned to our cars to angry tooting
>> from other customers we'd delayed!
>>
I've had that too.
 Broken down muppets - Bromptonaut
>> >> All this took less than a minute. We returned to our cars to angry
>> tooting
>> >> from other customers we'd delayed!
>> >>
>> I've had that too.

outside the office about fifteen years ago...

Two slight girls trying to push a car to kerb while a taxi and large saloon driven by beefy chaps sounded their horns.

Suggestion that it might work better if they pushed while the girls operated the horn buttons was not well received :-)
 Broken down muppets - Armel Coussine
>> Must have been day for it yesterday.

Yes, Hammersmith Road and surroundings logjammed around 7.30 pm, with escape routes closed off with police barriers. Then a broken down bus in the southbound carriageway in the middle of Hammersmith Bridge causing shorter delays in both directions. London weekend drivers their usual selves: about a third mimsing, incompetent and stupid. Almost puts one off the place.
 Broken down muppets - henry k
It was far far worse than that yesterday evening !!!.
Son was attempting to get fron Barons Court to Oxford for formal hall.
The whole of West London was stuffed. A4/M4 to J3 closed and all other roads going west also stuffed plus M25.
He has all the traffic tec stuff on his phone etc but could not escape the traffict. He said he had never seen it so bad and when he arrived very late he showed me the screen captures of the online reports.
Orrible!!!
Latest Forum Posts