Motoring Discussion > Getting your own tyres fitted Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Sock Replies: 6

Getting your own tyres fitted - Old Sock
About a year ago I bought a couple of new tyres via a well-known auction site, which have been sitting in the shed ready for their calling.

Well, their time has now come, and I need to replace the current front set prior to an MoT.

I realise that I'm taking food out of the mouths of babies and all that - but what would be the best way of getting them fitted by 'the trade'? I've tried with a couple of spoon handles, but can't quite exert enough force :-)
 Getting your own tyres fitted - R.P.
My local National tyres will fit them at 5 quid a corner sort of lunchtime rates !
 Getting your own tyres fitted - Clk Sec
Most in my area will gladly fit tyres not supplied by themselves.
 Getting your own tyres fitted - Robin O'Reliant
My local ATS used to fit bike tyres I bought myself, £15 for the pair (the local bike dealer wanted £48!). The guy who did it was a biker himself so I got them back with no scratches on the rims.
 Getting your own tyres fitted - Iffy
The puncture I was charged £10 for at a national chain recently was clearly a cash job - no receipt.

Fitting a couple of customer's tyres would almost certainly come into the same category.

Getting your own tyres fitted - Bigtee
www.toolmix.com/browse/product.asp?pid=61453&s52cnc=FROOGLE-UK&s52r=FROOGLEUK

Buy this and do it yourself or plenty more on your auction site like the walk around machine they sell second hand for £120.
 Getting your own tyres fitted - Chris S
Most 2nd-hand tyre dealers will gladly fit your own tyres for a fiver.
Latest Forum Posts