Motoring Discussion > Skoda Fabia 2 - Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG or manual? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: mattbod Replies: 4

Skoda Fabia 2 - Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG or manual? - mattbod
Family thinking of getting one of these to suppliment our much loved Fabia VRS Diesel. Heard good things about DSG but never driven one, people seem to rave about the smoothness and speed of changes. However I would be concerned about complexity and have read elsewhere of a hesitancy when pulling away. I like manuals but at only £700 the DSG is tempting on a new Fabia. What do you think?
 Skoda Fabia 2 - Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG or manual? - Baz
Depends how long you keep your cars, maybe. You may not want to own one of these a few years outside of warranty. They seem to be fairly reliable but when they do go wrong are rather expensive. I think replacements are in the thousands.
 Skoda Fabia 2 - Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG or manual? - -
If it was my choice it would depend on my expected ownership period and mileage, say ownership for warranty period plus another year or two if low mileage i might well give one a whirl...though that would depend if i could cope with it's low speed manouevering quirks and take up.
 Skoda Fabia 2 - Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG or manual? - henry k
>>However ........have read elsewhere of a hesitancy when pulling away.
>>
I was talking to a relative, at the weekend, who has just got a new DSG Golf.
It was his main comment about it.

I am off on 100 mile round trip in a DSG Golf in a friends DSG Golf Plus so I will quiz him.
 Skoda Fabia 2 - Fabia 1.2 tsi DSG or manual? - lancara
Isn't the Golf DSG the 6-speed wet clutches version whilst the Fabia probably has the newer 7-speed dry clutches type

Had a DSG Golf for three years - excellent
Latest Forum Posts