Motoring Discussion > BMW X3 E83 SUV - Expensive week ahead?! Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 0

BMW X3 E83 SUV - Expensive week ahead?! - Auntie Lockbrakes
Came home from a week away to be informed by SWMBO that her car is dripping oil. Sure enough, laying newspaper under it in the garage overnight has picked up 3-4 drips of black and surprisingly thin - almost watery - oily stuff. Gulp!

We're off to the big smoke on Tuesday for 24 hours, so while we're there it'll be going to the dealers who usually service it. And No, after a long-haul flight and a week away I'm not going to crawl under it myself on a Sunday and try to remove the undertray to see what's what! Beyond my capabilities to fix anyway!

Hopefully just a gasket somewhere needing replacement. I'm blotting out nightmare thoughts of gearboxes, front diffs, and whatever else that could leak oil and cost me a fortune..!

Car is six and a half years old and done 66,000 miles. This is it's first ever mechanical hiccup.

Already got the cost of 2 new rear tyres going on it tomorrow, and a 30-quid MOT later this week. Sigh...!
Latest Forum Posts