Motoring Discussion > 'scuse me ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 2

'scuse me ? - borasport
There's a letter in today HJ about somebody having their reg plate cloned - his response says -
'Every business driver and everyone with a company car is required to keep records or a diary' - where's he got that from then ?
 'scuse me ? - Jacks
I'm sure HJ (or someone) makes up some of these "letters"

That particular one starts with the writer telling a story of some one who had their van reg no cloned, received 6 speeding fines and was banned under totting up when the "Judge" refused to believe that it wasn't him .

Since when does a judge (ie - in a Crown Court) hear a summary offence (speeding)?

An urban myth or someone in the DT office making something up to fill space?.

Also - did you catch the fantastic money saving tips in the article today written by their "Consumer Motoring Expert" on the subject on of Fuel Cost Saving?

If not let me pass on a few of these fantastic tips

1 Fuel can be more expensive on motorway service stations

2 Keeping your speed down means you use less fuel

3 supermarkets - and service stations located near to them - can be the cheapest places for fuel

bet you didn't know that eh?
 'scuse me ? - Bromptonaut
>> That particular one starts with the writer telling a story of some one who had
>> their van reg no cloned, received 6 speeding fines and was banned under totting up
>> when the "Judge" refused to believe that it wasn't him .
>>
>> Since when does a judge (ie - in a Crown Court) hear a summary offence
>> (speeding)?

On the original Q to HJ I suspect a bench who correctly sniffed out a try on.

While rural areas have benches of lay Magistrates. Major cities also have fee paid or salaried lawyers who sit alone. Used to be called Stipendiary Magistrates but are now known District Judges (Crime).
Latest Forum Posts