Motoring Discussion > Advice on price Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 15

Advice on price - Skip
A bit of advice from the panel please. Its car change time again and I have decided on a new Hyundai i30 1.6 Active auto petrol. Drive The Deal are offering the model I want at £13,073 but as they don't offer part ex this is out of the question as I have neither the time or inclination to sell privately. Using the car builder on the Hyundai web site their on the road price is £17,575. I know the dealer is unlikely to get down to the DTD price, but I was thinking around £14,500, what do you think ?
 Advice on price - sooty123
Is wbac or put it through auction an option both are pretty painless I would think.
 Advice on price - rtj70
The only way of knowing what you can get the car brand new for is to ask a dealer. If these cars are selling well you might not get much of a discount.

But looking in a car magazine for what they suggest someone pays for an i30 1.6 (120) Active Auto, they say list price is £17000 and aim to pay £12916.
 Advice on price - Stuu
Depends on the dealer. If they sell high volume they will be aiming for volume bonuses and usually factor that into the deal they offer like Milton Keynes Hyundai do.

It also depends if the PX can be retailed as they will sometimes give you a better deal if they think the PX will have a decent profit in it.
 Advice on price - Skip

>> It also depends if the PX can be retailed as they will sometimes give you
>> a better deal if they think the PX will have a decent profit in it.
>>

2 year old Pug 207 20,000 miles on the clock and in immaculate condition, so deffo retailable but not one for them on their front I guess.
 Advice on price - Dave_
>> 2 year old Pug 207 20,000 miles on the clock and in immaculate condition, so deffo retailable
>> but not one for them on their front I guess.

Can't see why they wouldn't put it on the front, all the new car dealers I frequent have a mixture of makes in their nearly-new display stock.
 Advice on price - Skip
>> But looking in a car magazine for what they suggest someone pays for an i30
>> 1.6 (120) Active Auto, they say list price is £17000 and aim to pay £12916.
>>

£12,916 would be a very good pric. I will have to brush up on my negotiating skills befroe Saturday !
 Advice on price - mikeyb
My local hyundai dealer always has a range of nice clean multi brand stuff on the forcourt, in fact your 207 sounds like just the thing they would have in.

They are an ex long established rover dealer (although they left rover a few years before they went bang and operated as an independent for a while) and appear to have a loyal following of more mature customers who buy a new every few years
 Advice on price - Skip
> My local hyundai dealer always has a range of nice clean multi brand stuff on
>> the forcourt, in fact your 207 sounds like just the thing they would have in.
>>
>>
>> They are an ex long established rover dealer (although they left rover a few years
>> before they went bang and operated as an independent for a while) and appear to
>> have a loyal following of more mature customers who buy a new every few years

Oh right, possibly they may be interested in it for themselves then. It is an auto which makes it a bit rarer too.
 Advice on price - Mr. Ecs
Skip,

I use DTD to price new cars, but remember the prices quoted and which look attractive are for business users. Private buyers have to ring them for a price which will probably be higher than on the web page quoted.
 Advice on price - Skip

>> I use DTD to price new cars, but remember the prices quoted and which look
>> attractive are for business users. Private buyers have to ring them for a price which
>> will probably be higher than on the web page quoted.
>>

Oh rght, I didn't know that.

Thanks
 Advice on price - mikeyb
Only aware of that being applicable to Ford pricing.

I've bought an Audi through them and paid the price on their site
 Advice on price - Crankcase
Not heard that either. Where does it say that on their site?
 Advice on price - Zero
It varies by current deals and manufacturers.
 Advice on price - CGNorwich
First I've heard of that too. I know of two people who have bought DTD and have paid exactly the price quoted. Sounds like a story put around by other dealers. Any evidence of this?
 Advice on price - Mr. Ecs
As said above, the disclaimer seems only to apply to Ford quotes. Don't know why. Surely the discounts should be across their ranges.
Latest Forum Posts