Motoring Discussion > This trucker should get some lottery tickets Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-22071846

A lorry has left a flyover on the M42 and crashed on to the M6 Toll.

The accident happened at Coleshill, Warwickshire, near junction T1 on the northbound carriageway of the M6 Toll just before 18:30 BST.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said the lorry driver, a man in his 50s, had an "amazing" escape.
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Westpig
Blimey....what a lucky fellow.
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - BobbyG
Wonder what his route was - did he come through barriers or is that grass embankment coming from the same direction he would have been travelling?
Amazing that the trailer seems to have remained upright!
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - IJWS14
Thats M42 north bound and m6 Toll northbount so he probably came down the bank, no sign of damage to the fences. If he had come off the bridge I would expect him to be further up the Toll road.

Southbound M42 is off to the left out of shot.

Wondered why the M42 was quiet when I went over Junction 9 yesterday evening.
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Pat
I'm mystified by this one.

There's no sign of damage to the hedge on the bank, the fence railings on the bridge or the grass bank itself.

All reports state he was empty at the time which makes a rollover far less likely and unusually there's no speculation around on the various forums.

Looks a bit like a Taylors of Martley, same colour but the logo on the cab headboard looks different.

Pat
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Bromptonaut
>> Looks a bit like a Taylors of Martley, same colour but the logo on the
>> cab headboard looks different.

Oh 'eck. Have they named the driver?

Mrs B's cousin, in his 50s, is an owner driver resident in that area and was doing a lot of contract work for Taylors/Bibby!!
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 9 Apr 13 at 16:32
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Zero
No idea, but he is being charged with using the M6 without paying the toll.
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Bill Payer
>> I'm mystified by this one.
>>
>> There's no sign of damage to the hedge on the bank, the fence railings on
>> the bridge or the grass bank itself.
>>
>> All reports state he was empty at the time which makes a rollover far less
>> likely and unusually there's no speculation around on the various forums.
>>
I can't see the picture very well but do the railing look distorted where the people are standing - I wonder if the truck rolled over the railings? Something must have happened up there for the traffic to be stopped and for those people to be standing around.
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - crocks
Pictures in this Mirror report show it came over the retaining wall just behind where it ended up.
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m6-toll-lorry-drivers-lucky-1820295

Says something like "Swains Stretton" on side of cab.
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - Pat
Thanks, you two!

That's cleared up the mystery of who it was and the route it took....but I've still no idea why!

Pat
 This trucker should get some lottery tickets - BobbyG
Hard to see too much from those pictures but certainly doesn't look like a long length of barrier has been damaged - more like the lorry seems to have went through it at almost 90 degrees which would kind of suggest another collision or whatever to make him be facing that way!

Lucky lucky man!
Latest Forum Posts