Motoring Discussion > Top 10 cars for summer under £15k Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 12

Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Dog
I'll have the Caterham 7 so that leaves 9 cars ~

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/7724503/Top-10-hip-cars-for-summer-fun-for-under-15000.html
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - -
I get quite depressed looking at all those boring cloned hatcbacks, the tiny Copen looks interesting alongside the mainstream offerings.

I know it's been facelifted but the MX5 is still a very pretty traditional school sports car, and imo looks lovely in it's steel retractable roofed form especially in ruby red metallic.

Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Ambo
the MX5 is still a very pretty traditional school
>> sports car, and imo looks lovely in it's steel retractable roofed form especially in ruby
>> red metallic.

Had a test drive but the footwell is just too cramped for my size 11s. My last car in this class was an MGf but the new version looks very old-fashioned now.
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - -

>> Had a test drive but the footwell is just too cramped for my size 11s.
>>

Out of all the sports cars i've driven i found the MX5 the easiest to access didn't notice any pedal probs but we're all different, the Z4 on the other hand though a nice enough motor with my ..ahem..tiniest bit overweight body i had a dickens of a job shoe horning meself in and usually had to fall out.
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Runfer D'Hills
Westfield. Can't recommend it enough if there is any petrol in your soul. It's not like a car or a motorbike it's something different again. Pure adrenalin rush. I miss mine.
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - swiss tony
>> Westfield.. I miss mine.
>>
Didn't know you had one.... you kept that quiet! ;-)
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Mike Hannon
Does 'hip' mean 'girly' in today's English then?
(Caterham excepted, of course...)
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Clk Sec
What fantastic weather for a ragtop. It'd be the MX5 for me every time.
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - BiggerBadderDave
Drunk and can't be bothered reading all of this thread so rag top XJS for me. Was it not on the list? Who cares?
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Herr Sandwichmann
That Smart looks absolutely horrible. Seems like all of the cars featured are in production.

What about a 2CV? Absolutely brilliant fun to drive and to be driven in.
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Dog
I've tuned & road-tested a few Westfield's 'in my time' and the 'odd' Caterham 7 + a pack of Bulldog Pilgrims,
The chap I sold my mobile tuning outfit to had (and built) a Westfield,
He was ex RAF ~ 1st class engineer (but lousy car tuner!)
He drove me from Eastbourne 2 Hastings in his Westie once,
Jaysus! better than sex, either that or I wasn't doing it right :)
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Runfer D'Hills

>>He drove me from Eastbourne 2 Hastings in his Westie once, Jaysus! better than sex, either that or I wasn't doing it right :)

We took the Westfield to the south of France on our honeymoon.

Best of both worlds really....
 Top 10 cars for summer under £15k - Avant
I'm too old and laid-back for a Westfield or a Caterham: still very happy with the Y-reg Z3 I've had for nearly two years now.

Intending to flog it to help pay for younger daughter's wedding - but on a day like today we're looking at ways to avoid it (sale of Z3, not wedding!).
Latest Forum Posts