Motoring Discussion > Road signs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 7

Road signs - bathtub tom
I was down Zeddo's way a couple of days ago. I needed to join the M25 anti-clockwise from the A243 (I was coming from Ashtead).

I saw this repeater speed restriction sign at the top of the slip-road: goo.gl/maps/XYXTl

Do you think it's enforceable ;>)
 Road signs - zookeeper
you cant blagg it until you pass the blue motorway sign.. looks like a roundabout anyway
 Road signs - Dave_
Yep. That's a repeater to cover the roundabout - the blue M25 sign signifies the start of motorway rules (70mph limit, certain vehicles banned etc).
 Road signs - Armel Coussine
I know that roundabout very well. The road markings confuse some drivers. Nothing unusual about that.
 Road signs - Cliff Pope
Repeater signs often seem to be placed without any regard to any other speed limit changes coming up.
I can think of a few where there is a 40 repeater immediately followed by a 30. It's as if the team responsible for plonking down 40 repeaters operate independently of those doing 30s or de-restrictions.

Road signs - neiltoo
You are assuming that highway engineers are sentient beings.

8o)
 Road signs - henry k
>> You are assuming that highway engineers are sentient beings.
>>
It took them years to get their brain cell switched on and only then did they re - mark the lanes at that very spot in a logical way.
Previously according to the lane markings, the left hand lane was for the M25 ONLY.
If you wanted Esher then from the OUTSIDE lane you had just a few feet to switch to the left hand lane as can be seen in the link.
 Road signs - Boxsterboy
Very true, Henry k.

This is also one of those roundabouts that has fences to restrict your vision, forcing you to slow down. Safer I suppose with the amount of mimsers on the road these days, but annoying when you want to make haste.
Latest Forum Posts