Motoring Discussion > Hidden Footage Emerges Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 28

Hidden Footage Emerges - Fullchat
Some footage hidden away has just come to light. A source confirms it is Pat making a delivery :)))

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jj_cSoceuA
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Armel Coussine
That's one of the funniest bits of totally screw-you driving I've ever seen. I am lost in admiration for the driver.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - -
Not the first time he/she's done that.
My feeling too gb. What impresses me is the way the wagon seems to be standing up to it.
Lorry impressed me too AC, clutch gearbox brakes etc must be old fashioned time proved things, we might have used similar about 30 years ago.

I'd love to see it happening in the high street here, H&S bods in spotless hi viz's fainting all around.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Runfer D'Hills
>>bods in spotless hi viz's fainting all around...

Not to mention any cyclists patiently waiting behind because they had been told not to ride alongside moving trucks...

:-)))
 Hidden Footage Emerges - ....
Not fancy having a go in one of those modern automated manual trucks gb ? ;-)

PS (it wouldn't be C4P without some thread drift) I followed your recommendation and went to see the boys at Rustmaster with my S60. Clean as a whistle underneath and now protected. Went to see Nick in Knutsford last weekend, took the MiL's 12 month old Jazz too. You'd be shocked if you saw under one of those. Mud traps in the wheel arches Alfa would be proud of, no underseal behind the plastic undertray and joints with no protection...I have to say if that's Japanese engineering you can keep it.
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 30 Mar 13 at 21:13
>> Not fancy having a go in one of those modern automated manual trucks gb ?
>> ;-)

I got a brand spanker 6 weeks ago so stuck with the satans box for 5 long years...;), not to worry the engines freeing up nicely now it's done 25k thrashed kms, starting to pull proper like and fuel consumption improved by .5 mpg since the first week.

Ah another Rustmaster disciple, i'll have to give Michael a tinkle and see about some commission at this rate.:-)
That S60 should last forever now, our old '93 940 estate still soldiers on despite my sis's best efforts to destroy it by neglect and abuse.

Haven't seen under a Jazz, did you have that treated too?

Hump, what cyclist? the one shredded by all that bamboo?..;)
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sat 30 Mar 13 at 21:26
The S60 was done for my lad really. Once he gets his no claims up, he can have a D5 with known history for nowt as opposed to someone's problem/cast off.

The Jazz was done as MiL wants to keep it as her last car. The rear arches have very little by way of protection, even has a nice shelf at the rear of the sill for all the mud and water to collect. Run your hand around the wheel arch and there's a nice moisture trap there too. Last time I saw one so impressive was on an Alfa 33. Checked my son's 04 plate Yaris (Granny magnet) this week and it has the same.
Funny thing is though they seem not to rust too badly in the rear wheelarch area are elsewhere, well compared to certain Benz' anyway..;)

The mk1 Avensis i had was dented by BMW twerp unable to control his door when he flung it open onto my rear wheelarch, the ensuing dent couldn't be sorted by my dentman as the arch was double skinned, these flimsy looking cars sometimes arn't as soft as they appear.

My old MB needed a patch this year for the MOT, hole appeared under the washer bottle all welded up now but the day for deciding on full body strip overhaul or sell her on draws ever nearer, 17 years old now.
The Volvo is a relative baby, 9 in September.

She will need a new downpipe soon as the flexi pipe has started to make noises. That's what over boosting does for you. Been running a chip for the past three years and taken a few BMW's and Audi's by surprise with its spirited 163 horses which will make a 325d or 2.7TDi driver think twice.

A new company car will see her retired which is why I wanted to pass her on to my son as a good car rather than him saving hard to buy someone else's tat. He can use that money to keep her in good order (aided no doubt by bank of Dad).
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 30 Mar 13 at 22:00
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Number_Cruncher
I'm sure you've rustproofed the area many times GB, but, the areas of the chassis into which the front mountings of the rear subframe attach are worthy of attention on W124s - happily, there are some rubber bungs just above the troublesome area which allow you to get gloop onto the inside of the chassis section.
>> I'm sure you've rustproofed the area many times GB,

Not well enough, both mounts will need attention at some point, hoping to make her last till 20 then if the market for the cars is still bouyant as it appears to be for good examples the several £thousand required for major rebuild could be worth investing, it still runs exceptionally well and is astonishingly quick for its age, CHG is seeping oil slightly now so thats probably next major job.
>>CHG is seeping oil slightly now so thats probably next major job.

On mine, I noticed a number of very small oil leaks which began soon after I hed been servicing the car - oil cooler O ring, injector pump rear gasket, injector pump base, etc, so, I got hold of the seals and gaskets, but, before I got round to doing them, they stopped.

I imagine it was because I had begun to use a decent oil which, temporarily, was finding leaks which the more viscous oil previously used had missed - but, I'm guessing.

For the chassis by those rear subframe mounts, I think the factory sealant is too rigid, and that area of the body is a bit weak - so, the flexing breaks the sealant with predictable results....
>> For the chassis by those rear subframe mounts, I think the factory sealant is too
>> rigid, and that area of the body is a bit weak - so, the flexing
>> breaks the sealant with predictable results....

Agreed, those rubber bunged holes around the inner rear wheelarch can rot around too, same problem with the factory sealer, cracks and seals the salty water in.

Do you still have the 300TE?
>>Do you still have the 300TE?

No - after I found how rotten it was in the area around where the windscreen was bonded in, I let it go. Although from outside it looked OK, after it began to leak in, and I took the trims off, it was a mess.

SWMBO says that I must have liked that car, because I put up with more aggro from it than I normally do!

We now have, SWMBOs Astra G, my Astra H, and, as my current folly, an early 90's Audi 80
>> SWMBO says that I must have liked that car, because I put up with more
>> aggro from it than I normally do!

They do have a certain something, one of their strengths to me is just how easy to drive they are regardless of how well or badly, you can be doing 30 round a corner or 85 the car just does exactly what you want of it, doesn't bite you in the bum.

The drive train has been excellent untouched so far apart from servicing, the body less so though its still rock solid generally, you already know its weaknesses re wiring loom and wishbones.

I'm really not sure what to do with it, be an easy decision if it didn't go so well or was such an enjoyable car to drive and economical to boot with the LPG which has been a complete success.

Confess i like new Astra a lot, particularly the estate and especially now they appear to have dumped the electric parking brake.
>>you can be doing 30 round a corner or 85 the car just does exactly what you want of it

Yes, it's amazing when you consider when the W201 & W124 designs must have been on the drawing board.

Our Astra H was very cheap as it had a head gasket problem. One interesting aspect of fixing it was marvelling at the amount of piston to cylinder clearance there was [1400 chain cam engine]. It looked like it should be burning oil at a massive rate, but, it doesn't use much at all. Speaking with my old colleagues in the Vauxhall garage, apparently, it's normal.
>> >> SWMBO says that I must have liked that car, because I put up with
>> more
>> >> aggro from it than I normally do!
>>
>> They do have a certain something, one of their strengths to me is just how
>> easy to drive they are regardless of how well or badly, you can be doing
>> 30 round a corner or 85 the car just does exactly what you want of
>> it, doesn't bite you in the bum.
>>
>> The drive train has been excellent untouched so far apart from servicing, the body less
>> so though its still rock solid generally, you already know its weaknesses re wiring loom
>> and wishbones.
>>
>> I'm really not sure what to do with it, be an easy decision if it
>> didn't go so well or was such an enjoyable car to drive and economical to
>> boot with the LPG which has been a complete success.
>>
>> Confess i like new Astra a lot, particularly the estate and especially now they appear
>> to have dumped the electric parking brake.
>>
Humph, are you getting this ? FWD & estate in the same post...must be dimentia. He'll be singing the praises of ESG & DMF next.
>>
''Humph, are you getting this ? FWD & estate in the same post...must be dimentia. He'll be singing the praises of ESG & DMF next.''

I cry foul sir!!

I'll qualify that taken out of context quote by saying its a particularly handsome car in estate or hatch form in a market where cloned and boring is the norm, but like Brera a vile looking thing in 3 door coupe form.

Hump won't be here tonight, Primark end of financial year sales figures due.;)

:-))

Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 1 Apr 13 at 00:11
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Zero
>> Hump, what cyclist? the one shredded by all that bamboo?..;)

That bamboo is far eastern scaffold poles. All scaffold lorries are driven the same all the world over.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 30 Mar 13 at 21:37
Really Z?could have sworn that was a load of bamboo, even more impressed now, i've carried 21 ton loads of scaffold tube from Corby steelworks when it existed, similar size load.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Zero
>> Really Z?could have sworn that was a load of bamboo, even more impressed now, i've
>> carried 21 ton loads of scaffold tube from Corby steelworks when it existed, similar size
>> load.

It was bamboo, they use it for scaffold poles.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Runfer D'Hills
Good job there wasn't a Panda behind then.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Old Navy
>> It was bamboo, they use it for scaffold poles.
>>

I have seen bamboo scaffolding used on multi story buildings in the far east. It is used to amazing heights and all tied together with rattan type stuff.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 31 Mar 13 at 09:30
>> similar size load.

But several times heavier. Even those bamboos could lift the lorry's front wheels though. Steel scaffolding wouldn't move in a lump like that but would separate, and when dumped would roll all over the place.

Such a stylish unloading. Never seen the like. Terrific.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Pat
I wish:)

I've tried that method with half a load of Sugar beet pulp nuts stuck in a bulker because they were still hot when loaded, but it never worked for me. Get the shovel out and start digging!

Pat
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Cliff Pope
The standard method I remember on a farm for leaving small-bale hay in stacks on the field was to tow a wooden sledge behind the baler. Someone rode on the sledge, caught the bales and stacked them neatly, just balanced on the rear edge, and then a gentle push pulled the stack from the sledge. All done non-stop.

I've unloaded breeze blocks from a tractor box by jerking the tractor forwards - like whipping a tablecloth out from under the crockery.
 Hidden Footage Emerges - Londoner
>> Some footage hidden away has just come to light. A source confirms it is Pat making a delivery :)))

>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jj_cSoceuA

I'd like to see him do THAT with front wheel drive!
Latest Forum Posts