Motoring Discussion > The Cost of Motoring Convictions Legal Questions
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 6

The Cost of Motoring Convictions - Fullchat
tinyurl.com/cjhvtxr
 The Cost of Motoring Convictions - TeeCee
And there's the idiocy in black and white.
Driving without insurance beats out even drink-driving for its effect on, er, insurance premiums.

You'd almost think that the insurance industry was trying to encourage reoffending.
 The Cost of Motoring Convictions - No FM2R
>>You'd almost think that the insurance industry was trying to encourage reoffending.

Either that or that people who will drive without insurance represent a higher potential risk/cost to the insurer than people who will drink/drive and so they wish to either discourage them away or ensure they pay sufficiently to justify acceptance.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 11 Mar 13 at 16:32
 The Cost of Motoring Convictions - No FM2R
And if my premium increased by 34% (£241) then it would already have been £723 and increasing to £964 with the speeding offence.

Exactly who in here pays or would pay £723 for their current [normal car] insurance with no convictions and would contemplate £964 for the same insurance if they got a speeding conviction?

A bit of selective risk sampling, I feel.
 The Cost of Motoring Convictions - Mapmaker
I don't believe those numbers either. I thought, anyway, that a single speeding ticket no longer made any difference to insurance costs.

I cannot believe how cheap a DUI conviction is in comparison with a speeding ticket.
 The Cost of Motoring Convictions - CGNorwich
what idiocy?

Seems reasonable to me. Why should insurance companies not seek to recover as much as possible form the anti-social types who drive without insurance and push up all our premiums? Who do you think pays the claims against uninsured drivers. Insurance companies and ultimately law abiding types who pay their inflated premiums every year of course. I would happily endorse a 250% increase in premiums for this offence let alone a measly 131%
 The Cost of Motoring Convictions - Robin O'Reliant
>> And there's the idiocy in black and white.
>> Driving without insurance beats out even drink-driving for its effect on, er, insurance premiums.
>>
>> You'd almost think that the insurance industry was trying to encourage reoffending.
>>

Insurance companies are not our moral guardians. They hammer those most likely to cost them money, the rest is up to the justice system to sort out.
Latest Forum Posts