Motoring Discussion > Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please.
Thread Author: - Replies: 41

Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - -
Hope the thread title comes out right, this model not yet in the drop down list.

I've seen a few of these about or the same one several times, rare sight seems only 500 coming here for the time being indeed there may be no more.

I fancy one, 4WD CVT auto, 2.4 4 pot petrol with reasonable enough performance, decent spare wheel well would take a suitable LPG tank.
2.4 engine from Vitara and uprated for car use, Jatco CVT box.

Big tyres expensive replacements, but nothing else of concern.

I keep looking at this one tinyurl.com/d84g38j high initial depreciation and would expect this to continue, obviously would make a more sensible buy when 3 years old whatever car i buy will be LPG'd anyway effectively scuppering makers warranty.

What do our crew think to them?

Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Dog
>>What do our crew think to them?<<

It's a Suzuki, gord.

:-(
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - corax
I like the look of 'em, but I wonder how the engine would handle the cvt/4x4 combination. Not keen on the interior, but then they all look the same to me. Obviously needs a test drive.
Good old D, can rely on him for help..;)

Yes it does need a test drive C, but i'm a bit worried about signing on the dotted line if i liked it too much, sensible head saying wait a year might keep schtum when it should be shouting.

Outlander is 2.4 4 pot full time 4x4 and copes very well, variable valve timing ensures surprising low down grunt but noisy high revs when making progress, expect similar from Suzy...unfortunately 4 pot autos will never be as good as 6+pots in auto form in my humble.

One thing i really like about the car is its reasonably compact overall in a D class where most offerings are becoming increasingly bloated with each new model.
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Zero
Wouldn't consider a car imported in such small numbers, spares and support will be severely limited. If it fails to sell, imported numbers will be cut at a stroke, leaving you with a rare model. Rare, in the motoring game, inevitably means expensive and fraught.
Fair point Z, been doing some reading up, things like brake pads etc fit some other models in Suzuki range so fully expect the existing parts bin has been used wherever possible which is a good thing.

Have no doubt body parts, rads ECU's etc could prove difficult and expensive in time though.

My problem is i like the unusual and rare..;)

Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Alanovich
>> Wouldn't consider a car imported in such small numbers

Didn't you consider buying a FIAT Croma not so long ago?

;-)
Last edited by: Alanović on Mon 11 Mar 13 at 11:58
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - TeeCee
>> Didn't you consider buying a FIAT Croma not so long ago?
>>

Oh dear. I had a shiny new one as a hire car for a few weeks, while between fleet vehicles, about four years ago.
I can understand why they're rare. In fact I'm genuinely amazed that anyone would even consider spending their own money on one.
It's a Suzuki with a CVT gearbox, gord.

:-(
>> It's a Suzuki with a CVT gearbox, gord.
>>

Flip me even more helpful..;)

Presume your cryptic massage (ooer missus) is to run for the hills?

I'v heard good things about Suzy's over the years, what am i missing?
Well you may have missed that Suzuki, have over the last few years, been considering pulling out of the UK market.
Didn't know that Z, exchange rate as per Daihatsu?
Yeah, coupled with low sales numbers. It has to be said they have always pulled back from that choice, but who is to say they wont.
Pity if any made in Japan build maker doesn't send their models here, should be designed from scratch in RHD form for the home market so minor changes only reqd for our specs.

Most people i've known over the years have had good service from their Suzys.
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - corax
>> Yeah, coupled with low sales numbers. It has to be said they have always pulled
>> back from that choice, but who is to say they wont.
>>

And yet i've just read that they had record sales figures in 2012, 24% up from 2011. Cars like the swift are pretty popular aren't they?
They are still very small volume, 25,000 sold in the uk last year, up from under 20k units a year - probably why they pulled back but there is no money made on small cars in the uk, unless they are made somewhere very cheaply. The swift is made somewhere cheap nearer than the far east i guess.

Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Manatee
>> The swift is made somewhere cheap nearer than the far east i guess.

Hungary and India I think. Ours are probably Hungarian.
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Stuu
>>probably why they pulled back but there is no money made on small cars in the uk, unless they are made somewhere very cheaply <<

Swift/Splash/SX4 are made in Hungary, Alto in India. I spoke to a dealer a few years ago about the strength of the Yen and he said it didnt really affect their small cars as they werent produced in UK and the dealers had healthy margins on all but the Vitara.

So yes, they are made somewhere very cheaply.
Last edited by: FoR on Mon 11 Mar 13 at 11:08
>>Presume your cryptic massage (ooer missus) is to run for the hills?<<

Dunno TBH gord, I'm only pulling your leg really you know, give it a test drive me ole son, and take it from there,
GB, if you like it, you want one, go for it. I doubt anyone here has ever driven one, so maybe its about time someone did and report back :-)

As for Suzuki pulling out of the UK, I doubt it. Swift and Splash sales were up last year on 2011 and the Alto is about the same, so it seems unlikely. They are selling the right sort of cars in a recession.
hmm just got off the dog with the local dealer (non pushy mature chap) which as Stu knows is literally round the corner.

They only had one as a demo and sold it in due course, don't have another to their name and won't be getting another unless customer sale.

He seemed genuinly shocked at the price of the Hemel car in my OP, without any prospect of sale for him he seemed genuinly enthusiastic about the car, he did seem a bit concerned at the fast depreciation.

I think i shall wait awhile and see how values go over the next year, would make better sense for the car to be 26 months rather than 14 months old, as i said previously LPG conversion will nullify the warranty immediately.

Definately short listed as an MB replacement though.

Bit worried if i go down and test the Hemel car i'll talk meself, with minimum encouragement, into buying the thing.
>>Bit worried if i go down and test the Hemel car i'll talk meself, with minimum encouragement, into buying the thing.

Been there, done that, AND worn the T shirt!

:)
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - movilogo
I have owned Suzuki before and liked them. Reliable, even though bit basic cars.

However, Kizashi's 2.4 L petrol engine is wrong strategy IMHO. It was targeted for US market but here petrol is expensive and 2.4L petrol won't attract customers.

Had a look at the Kia Magentis GB? I had a look at one when we were looking at the Kia Carens and the top spec models are tasty and I saw 18 month old ones at just £11k at main dealers - diesel auto too.
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Alanovich
If only there were a Magentis estate. I'd have one of those.
>> If only there were a Magentis estate.
>>

Agreed, and stick their proper auto box in for good measure, Hyundai Sonata would have been good estate too.

Stu i expect Magentis to come down considerably in price now Optima is up and running.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 11 Mar 13 at 16:24
There is a diesel auto '09, 22k up at £7.5k not too far from us. Seems like very good value.
www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301084824081/

;)
Thats a bargain price for a competent smart full size saloon autoDiesel.
Indeed, only value rival is the Sonata - ive been in a diesel manual Sonata and it is a proper comfy car and decently quiet too.
Indeed, another car that would have made an excellent estate.
Of course if you really wanted to be exclusive you could get a Hyundai Grandeur - 3 to choose from and 36 in total knocking around currently :-)
Never seen one of those Stu, were they the testing ground for Genesis i wonder?

There's some excellent Japanese cars we don't get to see here too, modern Camry's Japanese or American are lovely cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CO2 VED benefit currently enjoyed by Diesels here will be altered at some point, i fully expect so following the odd media article about how bad Diesel emissions really are...the next target for propagandised green finger pointing?

Might we see a shift from the 'must be Diesel' mantra currently leading the fleet markets when that takes effect, i hope might we end up with some much more pleasant and interesting cars than the boring cloned things usually sold here by the thousand.
My sister has a 2009 Camry over in Oz, she reckons it is a fantastic long distance car - 2.4 petrol with a 5 spd auto - also a good family car with a stupidly big boot.
How's about something like ... www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301315129008/
Nice enough car D, but i do want 4WD in my next car.

Makes that Kizashi look fantastic value too, 8k miles regd in 2012.
>> with a stupidly big boot.
>>

begging for a 100 litre LPG tank... oh bad luck Chancellor...;)

I've always liked slightly larger 4 pot engines, indeed should qualify that in that i prefer engines over 500cc per cyl for car use.
Vauxhalls 2300 4 pot was a tourquey lump, my 3 litre 4pot Toyota Diesels were effortless pullers.

The 2.4 4 pot seems to be very popular in lots of other countries, most Japanese and some Korean makers have exactly this engine size offered in their larger saloon or soft roader range.
 Suzuki - Kizashi, opinions please. - Runfer D'Hills
How do you pronounce Kizashi? Reads like phonetic sneeze ! As for an opinion? Erm...right...well...um....

:-)
Don't you start H.

You really should get a Mondeo or at best an even uglier Mundano people carrier thingy.

WE DON'T ALL WANT A F'F'FLAMIN MONDEO

::-))
Fair enough. But you'll have heard of the concept of comparing the sublime to the ridiculous?

Thats it i've heard it all now, Mundano The Sublime...

shakes head as he switches computer thingy off, romanticking is being proposed..bye.

Not guilty. That was Napoleon. Allegedly it's his fault that foreigners drive on the right too.
Latest Forum Posts