Motoring Discussion > Scammers Buying / Selling
Thread Author: brettmick Replies: 6

Scammers - brettmick
So, trying to sell my car in the usual places and the only responses I have received are from scammers. I have assumed my price is too high so have adjusted slightly but am I just trying to sell this at the wrong time of year? The price is in line with everything else private and far enough below trade to be sensible.

Also - as an IT person is it wrong to write my own malware and send it back to these scammers, they are starting to get on my whatsits.

Scammers - -
Also - as an IT person is it wrong to write my own malware and send it back to these scammers, they are starting to get on my whatsits.

As a layman who wouldn't have a clue i'd say that was excellent, the more of their time that can be wasted and the more headaches anyone can cause for them the merrier.
 Scammers - TeeCee
>> Also - as an IT person is it wrong to write my own malware and
>> send it back to these scammers, they are starting to get on my whatsits.
>>

Yes it is. Basically you'd be guilty of the same offences that anyone who hacked your machine would be guilty of.
This is why the bot-herders get away with it. The white-hats trying to stop them have to ponce around with court orders and the like, while the bad guys can be off and up somewhere else at the drop of a hat. What doesn't help is that when the good guys do manage to take down a set of command and control servers, they still cannot clean up the clients without the explicit permission of each machine's owner. Thus, once the bot-herders get a new C&C up, they're straight back in business.

It's like a global game of whack-a-mole where one party is forced to play with both hands tied behind their back.
 Scammers - CGNorwich
If you cannot sell an article in a reasonable time for the price you want the price is too high for the market no matter what you may believe is a fair price. There really is no such thing as a fair and sensible price , only one at which you can sell.

Might be more buyers round in a few weeks time near Easter though.

Scammers - Westpig
>> If you cannot sell an article in a reasonable time for the price you
>> want the price is too high for the market no matter what you may believe
>> is a fair price. There really is no such thing as a fair and sensible
>> price , only one at which you can sell.

He is absolutely right, anything will sell at the right price. Don't forget, that you looking at the prices other people are trying to sell at, is just their wish price too.

Depending on the car, some things are more saleable than others, what is it?
 Scammers - Mike H
>> Also - as an IT person is it wrong to write my own malware and
>> send it back to these scammers, they are starting to get on my whatsits.
>>
No, I think that's a wonderful idea. Perhaps a useful little widget to format their C-drive? ;-)
 Scammers - brettmick
Yeah, very well versed in the Computer Misuse Act....

Dropped the price by £300 on the last weekend of the advert but my Kia Ceed ain't sold. I will try again when it isn't snowing and the car isn't covered in salt... No rush, other than each month that passes means it depreciates a little more.
Latest Forum Posts