Motoring Discussion > Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 10

Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - henry k
I have never driven a diesel car and have no plans to do so but I came across this process which I wonder if it is being taken up anyone on the forum.

The company I saw was Evolution and they say

" We can alter the software in your ECU so that your DPF can be safely and properly removed from the vehicle without logging any error codes. We do this process properly and stop the ECU trying to regenerate in the future."

£285 plus vat vs a BMW 3.0D Diesel Particulate Filter is £1317.09!

If you are not concerned about particulates then this looks a "good" buy.

Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - WillDeBeest
Won't the MoT inspector be concerned about particulates, though? This sounds like back-street wideboy stuff, like aftermarket HID lights but without the quick swap-back option to get the car through its MoT.
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - Crankcase
I don't know much about it, but if the Wikipedia article on particulates is even partially accurate it sounds like a pretty anti social thing to do.

Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - WillDeBeest
Careful, Cranks, or you'll set off the tendency that says any recognition of environmental harm is a 'scam' to extort more tax from 'the motorist'.
};---)
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - Shiny
I had it done, no smoke I can see, nothing like the smokey buses and older cars and vans you see. The fuel you save will save the lives of countless polar bears, penguins and people who were going to die anyway. The MOT does not test for particulates, only for terrible smoke that was smokey by 1994 standards. A modern DPF car will pass without a DPF with flying colours.
Last edited by: sooty tailpipes on Fri 1 Feb 13 at 22:12
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - bathtub tom
This has been widely discussed on t'other side.

It seems to be a grey area. On the one hand, it appears it could pass an MOT (as long as the tester doesn't spot it), but on the other it does appear to contravene construction and use regulations.

One poster reckons that apart from notifying your insurers of a modification you'll also need to inform DVLA and get it re-registered and tested (SVA?).
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - -
Yes its MOT passable, probably, at the moment.

Unfortunately who knows how the forthcoming MOT changes will affect things like this remains to be seen, i wonder if the companies involved guarantee in writing future MOTs or would be prepared to reverse the delete if needed, certainly not when i enquired weasel politician type phrases from the company i asked about current standards.

Probably OK if you have a proper pipe made up and simply refit the untouched DPF just for MOT like the petrol decat boys do.

Insurance wise i'd be declaring it.
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - Old Navy
Another option.

www.dpfcleanteam.co.uk/?gclid=CL30zaiml7UCFW7HtAod3isAQg

My current car does not have a DPF, my fix is to buy a petrol car next time.
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - Shiny
Sheepies. There are much more serious things to worry about in the UK and the world than an occasional whisp of smoke and the wording of various contradictuary rules and when they apply.
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - henry k
>>My fix is to buy a petrol car next time.
>>
Having read a considerable amount about the potential problems with buying a S/H diesel at a premium price over a petrol version I made my choice.
Petrol, but of course the savings on purchase price are soon wiped out by fuel costs etc. I can live with that because I am not a high mileage motorist but I still wince a bit as my 2.5 costs IIRC just about £35 lest in road tax than an Aston Martin that has two of my engines in it.
 Diesel Particulate Filter Removal (DPF Delete) - Fenlander
My solution is to buy/run the diesel car I want/need without even considering the DPF. If it has one and if it suffers the tiny chance of failure then just pay up.
Latest Forum Posts