Motoring Discussion > Anyone else tried NDrive satnav for iPhone? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 7

Anyone else tried NDrive satnav for iPhone? - car4play
I downloaded this the other day as it seemed a bargain at £10 for a satnav.
I see they have now made it £4.99. Now that really is a bargain.

It's a bit shocking considering they said the previous price was a limited time discount! But hey, I am still not going to complain.

It worked pretty well for me, apart from the fact that the Volvo insists on treating the phone as an iPod when connected and I had to listen to whatever music was on it just to get the announcements over the car speakers!
I had to connect it to get the thing to remain on charge; without that the battery drains pretty quickly. I was half tempted to use a simple USB lighter socket charger instead of the built in car USB. Apart from that (which is the car's fault) the NDrive software worked pretty well.
 Anyone else tried NDrive satnav for iPhone? - R.P.
Make sure you get a charger that actually charges your phone - there are two types, one works, the other doesn't - if you do a forum search you'll see the discussion and Zero's explanation....(where's jbif when you want him ?!)
 Anyone else tried NDrive satnav for iPhone? - Zero
Stuffed in the leaking oil well I hope.

For a brief precis, USB chargers for Iphone need to provide a +ve voltage (not much) on the data pin, before the Iphone (and some Ipods) will accept a charge. Most cheap USB chargers dont provide this voltage on the data pin.
By chance we bought a cheap pattern mains adaptor in the US from a chain drug store - works perfect in the Mrs' brand new iTOUCH whereas neither Bose docking stations will or the original Apple mains adapter won't
 Anyone else tried NDrive satnav for iPhone? - Zero
you have TWO bose docking stations? you been moved to the shed already?
Well, we had one each, seems a shame to get rid of one ! (One in kitchen and t'other in Bedroom !)
Last edited by: Pugugly on Mon 17 May 10 at 12:38
 Anyone else tried NDrive satnav for iPhone? - Mike Hannon
Going for Bose is a bit like being a born-again Christian or the one who stands up at the AA meeting isn't it?
Ducks below parapet again...
Possibly ! I did swear an oath never to buy anything from them after buying some shoddily made headphones and when they threatened me over an alleged unpaid bill....but it has got a reasonable enough sound for light listening.
Latest Forum Posts