Motoring Discussion > Puncture problems Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Boxsterboy Replies: 6

Puncture problems - Boxsterboy
In the 2 years that I have had my S-Max I have really enjoyed driving it. It is comfortable, handles nicely, has good steering, looks good (to me) and all this plus 7 seats too! I have however always been nervous at the lack of spare wheel, to the extent that I bought a Mondeo space-save to put in the boot for the time when the puncture repair kit is no good.

Well on the evening before a 4.30 am start on a drive to Switzerland, I found a screw in one of the tyres. No time to get a repair carried out or find a replacement tyre. Fortunately the Ford is not our only car and I was able to unload everything into our VW Transporter (which came with all season tyres and a full size spare), and we were not delayed. It could have been so much worse.

I don't think it reasonable that a family car needs a support vehicle (and we are thinking of selling the camper in the spring), and so to any car dealers or manufacturers out there, please note that my next car WILL have a full sized spare wheel!
 Puncture problems - Zero
how many modern 7 seaters have full sized spare wheels?
 Puncture problems - Lygonos
Shogun had a FSS on the boot.

But you needed to have no legs to use seats 6 and 7.

Z's right tho - I think the VW ones have runflats (Sharambra).

Ford's have gunk.

Vauxhall... well you just wouldn't buy a Zaffy even if it had 3 spare wheels.

Hyundai I think have a spacesaver in the boot of the Santa Fe.

Puncture problems - R40

New Nissan Juke bought recently - comes with gunk and a £200 bill from Nissan if you want a spacesaver!! Very poor, though given Dealer (non) performance, am hoping to get one gratis in a few days time.......
>> how many modern 7 seaters have full sized spare wheels?
>>

I know the Discovery has a full sized spare, but then it comes with other problems ... and is way over my budget. I think I might stick with the Transporter - there is much pleasure to be gained from the raised driving position.
 Puncture problems - IJWS14

>> Fortunately the Ford is not our only car and
>> I was able to unload everything into our VW Transporter (which came with all season
>> tyres and a full size spare), and we were not delayed. It could have been
>> so much worse.
>>

We used to have spare wheels, now we are so rich we have spare cars instead!

Couldn't resist.
Yeah, I know!

The thing is we're probably selling the camper in the spring. I don't really want to have to buy another spare vehicle!
Latest Forum Posts