Motoring Discussion > taxing car the old way, but LPG Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 3

taxing car the old way, but LPG - -
Righto lads, got to tax the Outlander tomorrow assuming the PO is open, change of ownership hasn't arrived from Swansea yet so can't do it online, chances of it arriving tomorrow remote.

Its taxed as an alternative fuelled car from new so a measly but still welcome tenner or so less VED.

Now its a while since i taxed a vehicle at the PO, does the application form have the facility to tick alternative fuel so we keep the saving and alt fuel tax discount, or they charge full rate with the possibility of losing out in the future.

Best to take in current disc? doubt the local PO will have come across this too often if at all.
 taxing car the old way, but LPG - Dave_
A quick look at the DVLA forms website:

www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms.aspx

Seems the ones you want to look at are a V10 Application for a Tax Disc and V149 Rates of vehicle tax... You write on the V10 which vehicle class you are applying for rather than tick a box.

>> doubt the local PO will have come across this too often if at all

I'm sure someone will have been in there before to tax a Prius if not an LPG conversion like yours, whenever I use a local PO it amazes me the variety of things people go in there with.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 30 Dec 12 at 20:35
Thanks Dave, just made a note of that V149, its only a tenner discount but its better in our pocket than theirs.

It does say on the small section of V5 alternative fuel car, so hopefully will be all good.
Couldn't have been easier, all is done via the bar-code on new owner slip of the V5, which is then stamped and this is a once only time, PO lady did say to make sure the registration document turns up or next time will be very complicated and expensive requiring a visit to local licencing office, assuming its still open.

Form V10 no longer required.

They even now take the payment via debit card, which might not be news to you lot but shows just how long i've been retaxing online, last time i taxed at a PO it was by cheque.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 31 Dec 12 at 11:25
Latest Forum Posts