Motoring Discussion > Citroen C8 MPV - gets a new rear wiper Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 6

Citroen C8 MPV - gets a new rear wiper - hawkeye
The C8 needed a new rear wiper arm after I carelessly clouted it while putting the bicycle on the rack. It's plastic with a water tube and jets built in to the end of the arm. Ebay had a few arms off scrappers for £30 - £40 but I found a Polish seller with a new pattern part for a Peugeot 807 for a reasonable £13. New blade included, Ebay no. 190564695035. Despite dire warnings from the seller's web page saying it wouldn't fit a Citroen C8, I bought it. Four days later I was opening an excessively large cardboard box with the arm sealed into a plastic sleeve inside. Honestly readers, I can't tell it apart from the original Citroen one apart from having a noticeably stronger spring. Similar heavyweight plastic, nice quality accurate moulding, no sideways play at the hinge and a good spray pattern from the built-in jets.

The old arm had been on since new and wouldn't budge when I took the nut off the spindle. The drive shaft is mounted through the back window on the C8 so I judged a bit of care was needed. A puller took the arm off but left behind the alloy boss corroded to the spindle. The boss originally had the plastic of the arm moulded to it and was too small for the puller to grip. A couple of minutes cutting with my imitation Dremel tool with a carbide disc mounted gave me a slot to stick a flat screwdriver in and the boss split nicely with a twist from the screwdriver. Connected the water tube, dabbed the spindle with Copaslip, wound the 13mm nut on tight enough to cut some splines into the boss of the new arm and the job was done.

The hero of this piece is the Polish seller. If the rest of his stuff is of comparable in quality and value for money to my wiper arm, I'm pleased to give him a mention if the mods. permit.

Last edited by: hawkeye on Thu 27 Dec 12 at 15:38
 Citroen C8 MPV - gets a new rear wiper - R.P.
Show us his contact details !
dis_autoparts 25,500 + feedbacks, 99.4% positive
 Citroen C8 MPV - gets a new rear wiper - madf
>> dis_autoparts 25,500 + feedbacks, 99.4% positive
>>
>>
I bought a Yaris rear wiper blade* from the same seller. Very good.Highly recommended

* Mark1 D4D - rear wiper blades expensive from Toyota..
 Citroen C8 MPV - gets a new rear wiper - Zero
Oh come on, its not beyond the wit of man to put the ebay item number into an ebay search box and come up with this now is it!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190564695035
 Citroen C8 MPV - gets a new rear wiper - carmalade
So how much is it from Citroen?probably less?
>> So how much is it from Citroen?probably less?
>>
About £30 collected from a Peugeot dealer. No answer from Citroen dealer parts dept.
Latest Forum Posts