Motoring Discussion > Any one use these? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 6

Any one use these? - Bigtee
www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/Tools_&_Workshop/Workshop_Equipment/Sealey_Manual_Tyre_Changer/1657/0/37314

A must for me im tight and can save a few quid ideal just for to whip them off to paint your rims.

Mine is the air feed one with bead breaker still a manual one, get my patches and glue from online companies etc.
 Any one use these? - Bazzabear
What do you do about balancing?
 Any one use these? - jc2
Not for about thirty years-if you look to the right of the advert,you'll see the balancer-just static balancing-not dynamic.
 Any one use these? - Old Navy
>> What do you do about balancing?
>>

DIY balancers are availiable on ebay.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 16 May 10 at 09:23
Mark the tyre next to the valve and remove the weights if on the rim and remove the tyre just re fit and put weight back in same place alloys have stick on weights so no problems and fit tyre line up with valve.

You will need a compressor 25ltr tank is enough to pop tyre bead back on.

www.toolmix.com/browse/product.asp?pid=61455&s52cnc=FROOGLE-UK&s52r=FROOGLEUK

The above link is a fair bit pricey and would put many off but these are available second hand mine was £60.00
Last edited by: Bigtee on Sun 16 May 10 at 09:30
 Any one use these? - -
I can still change my own with careful use of levers with rags etc to protect the alloys.

Alloys have made DIY changing a tad too difficult, not least the task of breaking stubborn bead grip, i would change my own steel wheeled tyres as and when.

I have a very handy mobile fellow now and we have an 'arrangement', seen too many untrainable bodgers removing and fitting tyres *dry* over the years to entrust my tyres to many fast fit joints.

** the sound of splitting bead when idiot tries to remove or worse fit new tyres without lubricating the beads adequately is a horrible sound.
Yes the young lads fit them dry and rip the bead i have a bar designed for alloy wheels with nylon bush on one end to remove and rollers on the other to fit was £50.00 off a guy on e bay same one on sealey site is £200.00+

It's much easier to break the bead if they let the air out first!
Latest Forum Posts