Motoring Discussion > When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 12

When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - Mapmaker
All credit to the large grey beast with big ears!
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - BiggerBadderDave
Humph?
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - Pat
Must be the dog from the Churchill advert?

Pat
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - Badwolf
>> Humph?

Cor, you'll be in trouble when Humph wakes up from his third snooze of the day and winds up his computer ;-)

I presume that the OP is referring to Heffalump.co.uk?
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - Runfer D'Hills
My ears are perfectly formed.
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - L'escargot
Is this a clue from a cryptic crossword?
;-)
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - ....
Have you ever had to use the services of your insurance company ?

I was insured with this organisation once. I had an accident and the standard of repair and follow up made sure I found another organisation.

The boot never closed properly following their choice of accident repair centre handywork.
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - Snakey
I don't think my current insurer have ever been the cheapest renewal quote. For at least the last 10 years I've changed insurer every year and got a better deal.
>> The boot never closed properly following their choice of accident repair centre handywork.
>>

I would never have my car insured by a company that chose the repairer.
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - RichardW
I'm with them too. No one else can get near the price for the same level of cover. Not had a requirement for a claim to one of our cars, but my Wife did knock over a motorbike in a carpark, and once the claim was reported never heard anything more about it. No idea what their repairer requirements are, but given that a small scratch from a pin head would write my car off, I don't think it bothers me.... :-)
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - mikeyb
>> >> The boot never closed properly following their choice of accident repair centre handywork.
>> >>
>>
>> I would never have my car insured by a company that chose the repairer.
>>

I think you can chose your repairer - its just they try to make if difficult by saying you wont get a courtesy car etc so most people just go with the flow
>> I think you can chose your repairer - its just they try to make if
>> difficult by saying you wont get a courtesy car etc so most people just go
>> with the flow

On the occasions that my car has needed accident repairs (in the last 20 years anyway) the repairer has willingly provided a courtesy car.
 When your own insurance co is the cheapest renewal - Clk Sec
>>On the occasions that my car has needed accident repairs (in the last 20 years anyway) the repairer has willingly provided a courtesy car.

Same here!
Latest Forum Posts