Motoring Discussion > Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns - bathtub tom
SWMBO likes to watch this program (BBC2 7:00 pm) each evening. I now tend to watch the start to see what old cars they use. The couple of times I caught the end I noticed they were in different cars and SWMBO states there'd a high rate of attrition.

This evening they started off in an old Sunbeam Alpine (Tiger?) which they promptly abandoned when it broke down.

Anyone keeping a count?
 Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns - Zero
they had an alfa yesterday - it broke down as they left to start. Replaced it with an MG midget, and it broke down just before the end.

Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns - Focusless
In the couple of minutes I caught today it was a white Cortina mk4 convertible.
 Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns - Zero
did it break down?
 Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns - TheManWithNoName
This program is probably a more useful guide as to the reliability of cars than one of those daft Warranty Direct surveys.
Just a pity they are 'testing' the reliability of old cars instead of new ones.
 Celebrity antiques road trip - car breakdowns - Roger.
I bet the cars are driven just long enough to get a few "filling-in" shots. The actors (that's what they are, really!) will then be transported by limo to the next location - and I bet the old cars are sent on a low loader.
Having stood at at least three antiques & collectables fairs when TV programs with ordinary contestants were being made - even back as far as when Jilly "frizzy hair" Goolden was presenting, I know that the basic premise of a limited time to choose the goods is utter rubbish.
Filming takes all day!
Similarly production assistants choose a list of possible items and stall holders are asked to reserve them in case they are "chosen".
This happened to us; we kept the item back for a good time and then were told "we don't need your item".
Had we missed a genuine sale? Who knows?
Latest Forum Posts