Motoring Discussion > Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back
Thread Author: via roma Replies: 10

Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - via roma
Hi all from Italy

Over here Dacia has just started selling the NEW duster. All adverts even use a nice pooh brown coloured car.
amazingly they are claiming for petrols an oil change only every 90000 KMS and for diesels between every 40000 to 60000 KMS. It WAS all looking so good.
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - Zero
90,000k oil changes? my giddy aunt.
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - CGNorwich
A Dacia won't last for 90,000k whether you change the oil or not so no point in wasting the money on oil I guess
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - Old Navy
>> A Dacia won't last for 90 000k whether you change the oil or not so
>> no point in wasting the money on oil I guess
>>
Hundreds of thousands on the road in Turkey, (where there is a Renault / Dacia factory), some forum members need to get around the world a bit more. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 6 May 10 at 18:56
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - bathtub tom
Could it be the result of an old, lightly stressed, over-engineered engine meeting more up-to-date materials and oils?
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - mattbod
Norwich you are wrong. When I was in Italy I met some people with a new Dacia Logan estate. Lovely practical estate car with the latest 1.5 Renault DCI engine and well built too and all for about £7K. They have taken off on the continent and I think they will do well here too. They are terrific cars for the money in my opinion.
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - Zero
the lovely DcI engine wont be if it does not get oil changes sooner than 40k kilometers.
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - Auntie Lockbrakes
I seem to recall that Renault (who own Dacia of course) did not want to sell the Dacia Logan widely in France because it would cannibalise sales from Renault's own cars. And it is..!
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - hobby
Lots of them in Brittany... the estate especially looked like good value... nice large boot!
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - via roma
Having seriously considered buying a dacia logan estate here in Italy 6 months ago i was impressed with the PETROL 1.6 LPG as a basic no nonsense LARGE estate car. Underneath has suspension protection and good ground clearance for bad roads. Air bags all round can be ordered as options, nice to see wind up windows to save money. Inside is basic but looks hard wearing.Price is almost ( I say almost ) a very good deal here in Italy. I was looking at 1.6 ltr with LPG fitted.

Forums here in Italy do contain comments of problems with renault dci engines and expensive repairs.
Logan estate is popular in Italy.

The Dacia Duster on a casual once over in reality does seem quite interesting. As a 4*4 or 4*2 it has got off road potential with good ground clearance and good entry and exit angles for off road. Its profile looks to my eyes similar to a LR freelander. The prices again seem very good if that is what you need, but avoid the brown colour.

Dacia also do a smaller saloon car which is very good value basic transport.
To me Dacia PETROL seems an ideal on a tight budget long term home maintenance option.

I bought a ford focus 2ltr lpg estate as good deals 6 months ago. but was tempted by logan estate.
 Dacia-Renault - Great news car fans, the Dacia Duster is back - CGNorwich
>> Norwich you are wrong.

OK I was wrong they are great cars up their with the the Kias. what's the warranty like?
;-)
Latest Forum Posts