Motoring Discussion > The best Jeep ever sold Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 19

The best Jeep ever sold - RattleandSmoke
hubpages.com/hub/Revealed-2011-Jeep-Phoenix-Based-On-Fiat-Panda-4x4

OK I may be slightly biased but I find it slightly ironic. A very clever idea though!
 The best Jeep ever sold - L'escargot
WWII Jeeps were the best. oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Jeeps/WorldWarIIJeeps.html
 The best Jeep ever sold - IJWS14
BUT

In America you would only fit one person into it!
 The best Jeep ever sold - L'escargot
>> In America you would only fit one person into it!
>>

The photographs show them to be two seaters.
 The best Jeep ever sold - Lygonos
One bucket seat in the front for each buttock.

One bucket seat in the back for the bucket of fried chicken (hence the name).
 The best Jeep ever sold - Bigtee
Landrover 90/110/disco.

Range rover.

Pajero,/shogun

The best Jeep ever sold - Telb
...was my Grand Cherokee when I got rid of it!
 The best Jeep ever sold - Skoda
If there was a cross country race:

Range Rover P38 (my favourite of all time)
Land Cruiser (2nd fav)
Defender 90
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Panda "Jeep"

I think i'd find myself rooting for the little guy :-P it's not for me, i wouldn't want one, but cool to look at for sure!
 The best Jeep ever sold - Stuu
A ten year old Wranger 4.0 manual - serious fun and very crude. Yee-ha!
 The best Jeep ever sold - Lygonos
Jimny with off-road tyres.
 The best Jeep ever sold - MD
Any Jimny
 The best Jeep ever sold - mattbod
Can't see this going down well in America: most Americans wouldn't fit in this and would look ridiculous in it!
5th Gear did a test compring the off road ability with the Panda 4x4 and the Range Rover, the Range Rover only just won.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y
 The best Jeep ever sold - Auntie Lockbrakes
Cynical marketing at work here, or a great opportunity to leverage the Jeep brand? Discuss. Guess they haven't got much to lose, have they?

FWIW I think the septics will scoff at the weany 1.3 powerplant. And I bet they'll hate to see their iconic US brand emasculated like this

In fact, it might actually sell better in brand-conscious UK than in the USA!
 The best Jeep ever sold - Ambo
I liked the WWII type. These were my (tropical agricultural) employers "company cars". They were very nimble and the 4WD/dual range sytem was excellent. Skids were frequent in wet weather but you had only to drop your hand on the 4WD lever on the move to correct one. By contrast, the Landrovers supplied later (equivalent to today's Defenders) were very heavy and clumsy and got stuck in the mud far more often. The 4WD system was problematic: you had to stop and push down a long, spring-loaded plunger, which failed to engage half the time. The gearchange via the cranked lever was very imprecise.
 The best Jeep ever sold - BobbyG
A ten year old Wranger 4.0 manual - serious fun and very crude. Yee-ha!

A few years ago in Fuertaventura we hired a base car, was supposed to be a Citroen saxo. When I went to collect it, the lady was apologetic, the Saxo wasn't available, would I take this Jeep Wrangler instead !!!

Double yee-ha!!
 The best Jeep ever sold - Hard Cheese

Approx 4 years ago we had a Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 as hire car in New England, it was better to drive than I expected though not my cuppa every day.

The best Jeep ever sold - Bagpuss
Impressive bit of photoshopping. Amazing how many people writing comments at the end of the article haven't realised it's a wind up.
Indeed the pictures are photoshoped but its not a wind up. FIAT do want to sell the 4x4 Panda in the USA but I guess it will be with the 1.4 100bhp engine instead of the Mujtijet. It will also probably be based on the new Panda coming out next year.
 The best Jeep ever sold - mattbod
Well hands up I was fooled. Can't see the utilitarian Panda taking off in the US:500 as a fashion statement maybe though can't see many Yanks fitting in it. One for well off college kids maybe who "wanna appear yurrpian".
Latest Forum Posts