Motoring Discussion > How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Old Sock Replies: 8

How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Old Sock
On the 16th April I taxed my latest acquisition at a local Post Office (on the same day as purchase, as it was untaxed). The new V5C has yet to arrive - before I start to panic, how long does it normally take when done through a PO?
Last edited by: Old Sock on Tue 27 Apr 10 at 09:23
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Zero
when I bought the lancer it took 14 days for the v5 to arrive.
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Old Sock
Thanks Z - I'll put the panic on hold :)
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Cliff Pope
Doesn't it say somewhere to allow 5 weeks?
Mine didn't arrive so I rang and was advised to fill in a form to get a new V5 in my name. Shortly after that came, the other V5 triggered by the PO came too.
So I now have two V5s.
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Dwight Van Driver
Psst Cliff a word to the wise.....

Send one of them back pronto as you could be contravening Reg 13(4) RV (Reg and Licensing) Regs 2002...wher3e tow books issued one to be sent back to Sec of State...

dvd
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Cliff Pope
>> you could be contravening Reg 13(4) RV (Reg
>> and Licensing) Regs 2002...wher3e tow books issued one to be sent back to Sec of
>> State...

Thanks for the tip-off. I only hope the DVLA/ NKVD don't get there before I get home. I might end up frantically eating the compromising document as they hammer the door down.
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - R.P.
The V5 for my new bike hasn't arrived - I bought i a touch over five weeks ago - I phoned the garage yesterday they confirmed the V5 was sent to Swansea "with a batch of others". DVLA turn stuff around a lot sooner usually - not holding my breath.
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - grumpyscot
Bought my car from dealer on 14th April - V5 arrived today.
 How long for V5C to arrive - car change / at PO - Bellboy
i usually hold back 7 days before sending these off in case i get a moany groaner
strangely i delivered a car last night and i think i got one (a moaney groner) so i might keep the left hand side a little longer in case i have to buy the car back
i tell my customers 6 weeks from day of transfer as what dv say
Latest Forum Posts