Motoring Discussion > Mystery car ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 9

Mystery car ? - sherlock47
I was driving on the M1 yesterday, and saw approaching in the rear view mirror something that looked more like a Starwars spaceship /fighter than a car! I slowed to let it catch me for a better look.

Silver, something like a modern Messerschmitt microcar, but significantly longer with 2 wheels at the front ( well spaced outside the body) and chain drive to the rear wheel visible).
2 seats one behind the other. The driver and passenger were both wearing headphones - they may well have been ear defenders.

I have Googled and failed to find anything similar. Was I halucinating, or was it just a one off home brew? The finish looked pretty good.

p
 Mystery car ? - Runfer D'Hills
Grinnall Scorpion at a guess. I'm no good at "tiny owls" or I'd post a link.
 Humph - 'Tiny Owls' - Manatee
If you are a Firefox user and would like a brilliant url shortener, try goo.gl lite

goo.gl/BkMJ

Takes two minutes to install and puts an icon on your toolbar. Click it anytime to put a shortened url for the page you are looking at on your clipboard.
 Mystery car ? - Bagpuss
Wasn't one of these was it?

www.rocket-car.co.uk/
Definitely not the rocket car.

I don't think it was the Grinnal Scorpion. The seating was not side by side, and it was equipped with a full length (2 person) aircraft fighter style perspex cockpit cover. The front track dimension was similar to a car but with a single person width body. The front track control arms were covered in an aerodynamic fairing, but I cannot remember where the headlamps were!
 Mystery car ? - mieustac
How about a Vindicator F4 kit car?
www.vindicator.co.uk/pages/services.htm#services_03
>> How about a Vindicator F4 kit car?
>> www.vindicator.co.uk/pages/services.htm#services_03
>>

The photos on that site seem to show a only 4 wheel cars!
 Mystery car ? - Zero
find it here

www.3wheelers.com/enter.html
AE thanks for the link

tinyurl.com/23wr69h

But not in the photographic database! I guess it was home made then!

PS there are some truly weird and wonderful examples of design innovation on that site.
 Mystery car ? - Bellboy
PS there are some truly weird and wonderful examples of design innovation on that site.
>
>>>>>> your words. ;-)
Latest Forum Posts