Technical Car/Motor Issues > Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 6

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on - Focusless
On Mrs F's Colt the 'passenger airbag disabled' dash warning light is lit. The switch in the glovebox that you can use to enable/disable the airbag is currently set to enabled - I tried turning it to disabled then back to enabled, but the warning light is still on.

Any options other than a trip to the local garage, and if not, would it have to be Mitsubishi (there's one a mile or 2 down the road)?
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on - MJM
The first thing to check before spending any money is that the connector under the seat is ok. They tend to be a weak spot. It may be worth unplugging it and reconnecting it a few times to eliminate that first.

(Check to make sure that the system is disarmed before doing it. Usually switch off ignition for 10 minutes or so.)
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on - Focusless
>> The first thing to check before spending any money is that the connector under the
>> seat is ok.

Thanks for that MJM...

>> (Check to make sure that the system is disarmed before doing it. Usually switch off
>> ignition for 10 minutes or so.)

...however that bit does worry me a bit; is definitely not going to go off if I take that precaution?
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on - swiss tony
>> ...however that bit does worry me a bit; is definitely not going to go off
>> if I take that precaution?
>>

Disconnect the battery(ies).
Wait 30 minutes.
Should be safe then.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 24 Feb 12 at 00:35
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on - Dog
Don't faff about with it - take the car to a garage to have the fault codes read, might be a sensor on the blink.
Thanks chaps. I'll have a quick look at the connection to see if it looks obviously wrong, but I think I'll end up taking it to the garage.
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 Passenger airbag disabled warning light on - bathtub tom
Even if it is the connection you may need to have the lamp extinguished after the fault is rectified. I did - seventy quid please sir!
Latest Forum Posts