Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Vectra C - 04 2.2 suspension problems Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: tricky8574 Replies: 7

Vauxhall Vectra C - 04 2.2 suspension problems - tricky8574
please can someone help. MOT is due at end of jan and i need to replace the front coil springs and anti roll bushes, i am capable of doing the work myself however i need to know if the 2.2 sri has the lowered sports chassis before i order the parts.
Have any of you encountered this problem ?.

Thanks Richard.
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 04 2.2 suspension problems - VxFan
>> Have any of you encountered this problem?

Spring breakage is quite a common occurance on the Vectra, as well as a lot of other makes these days. Cheap metal, lighter metal to reduce weight, etc.

Don't know the exact answer to your other question, but I would have thought the SRi would have lowered suspension. You could try asking over on Vectra-c.com - but come back here afterwards ;o)
thanks for the response VxFan, i eventually got through to someone at vauxhall who had a clue what they were talking about, and yes the sri does have the lowered suspension - so you thought right. i figured it would have but just wanted to make sure before i ordered the parts and took the car apart.

Cheers, tricky.
Have you got a Masterfit Service Club card?

Probably too late to benefit this time for replacement springs (as it takes approx 4 to 6 weeks for the card to come through once registered), but might come in handy for the future

www.vauxhalldriverscentre.co.uk/serviceclub/info

You get a discount on parts & labour, and also ½ price MOTs at participating dealers. Apparently the discount still applies if you buy the parts over the counter and do the work yourself.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 9 Jan 12 at 19:46
Always good to get a discount, thanks mate i will go and register now.
Don't suppose you can recommend a good place to get parts from as before discount vauxhall want £180 without labour, and most other places are unsure which ones go on my car.

Thanks rich.
IIRC, the company Eibach gets a regular mention on vectra-c.com

Next time I'm on there, I'll try and remember to look.
Unfortunately the area for part numbers is restricted to full / paid members, and not regular members like me.
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 04 2.2 suspension problems - spamcan61
Have you tried Autovaux?
Latest Forum Posts