Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Track rod ends at 28k
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 1

Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Track rod ends at 28k - Bigtee
Took astra in for MOT last year in nov got advisory steering ball joints some play in nsf/osf.

Today went to vx for those parts it seems they carry "plenty" in stock are these prone to wear on the astra at 28k?

Fitted them today drives ok but thought id get at least 90k before i had to part with a night out's money at low mileage!

Also got some wipers and oil and filter come on vauxhall drop your prices it's a resesion got a taxi discount even though im not one which knocked off a good £40.00........

Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Track rod ends at 28k - sherlock47
25 years ago I had a Volvo 240 estate from new. At the first service, 12months (12k )they insisted that they had replaced track rod ends due to excessive wear. Naive as I was, I argued but got nowhere. 'Not a defective item' -I heard just about every reason from 'you must be making excessive use of the PAS' to 'do you always turn into the drive the same way'. The replacement items (or originals?) lasted more than 100k! Case proven, but a bit late.
They tried it on the following year with having replaced the rear disc pads, but failed to notice the endorsement I had made on the service 'booking in sheet' of 'no additional work without express written permission'. Result - not charged, but i have adopted the same strategy for any garage work (altho rare) since. I cannot remember exactly, but I think that the those pads lasted about 100k.

No wonder they went out of business.
Latest Forum Posts