Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Corsa C - washer pump
Thread Author: revc Replies: 4

Vauxhall Corsa C - washer pump - revc
washer pump has failed, so I replaced it with a new one, still not working. Cleared tank of algae, blew through hoses, checked fuses and still nothing. Can't hear a hum when attempting to use it. Really stumped here, help anyone?
 Vauxhall Corsa C - washer pump - Victorbox
Possibly the replacement pump is also duff. Is there power going to the washer motor connection plug when you pull on the wiper control stalk? If not, it's possible the stalk has a fault. tinyurl.com/3z9vbce
Last edited by: Victorbox on Tue 5 Apr 11 at 12:05
 Vauxhall Corsa C - washer pump - Zero
You need to be able to check the voltage at the pump connector when the stalk is operated, using a test bulb, voltage probe or multimeter.
 Vauxhall Corsa C - washer pump - VxFan
If its the same as other Vauxhalls, the same motor does both the front and rear screen (by reversing the polarity to the motor to make it spin the other way)

I take it both the front and rear screen nozzles aren't working? If the rear works, but not the front, then there is nothing wrong with the motor. It could be wiring or the stalk as already mentioned.

Vauxhall Corsa C - washer pump - carmalade
You have a blown fuse.Open the lid on the engine bay fuse box and you will see a small black plastic cover hiding some of the fuses.Remove this and I would guess there will be a fuse blown .Usually a red 10amp or a blue 15 amp.hth
Latest Forum Posts