Technical Car/Motor Issues > Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 7

Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri - Mapmaker
Can it be done? I've never before had a car where you cannot lock the doors and keep the riff raff out. But if you flick the driver's door lock button when in the car & driving, it doesn't lock any of the other doors/the boot.

There must be a way...
 Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri - Netsur
Odd - it did on my Outback. You simply had all the doors shut and flicked the 'close all doors' button below the window switches and it locked all the doors.
 Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri - Mapmaker
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................

So that's what that button does. I've only had the car for 14 months... I'd always assumed it had something to do with the child door locks...

In my defence (no really) I've only ever driven a car where pushing the button on the driver's door down would lock all the doors.

I'll give it a go at some point! Thanks, Espada.
 Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri - Pat
Now if that had been a female I could have understood it:)

Pat
 Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri - jc2
When all else fails,read the instructions!!!
But what happens if you have no fmtr?

I have several different sets of (presumably dealer supplied) instructions for the locking system on the car, none of which is the correct set for the car.

I even had to post on the subaru legacy forum before I could disable the immobiliser without locking & unlocking the car...
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Wed 24 Mar 10 at 17:59
It works! How exciting! Thanks.
 Subaru Legacy and Outback - 06 2.0 Locking the doors when inside the car & dri - Zero
How an earth have you manged so long with out just pushing the button to see what happens? Its a bloke thing - we all have to do it "hmm dont know what that does - lets push it and see" it leads on to the famous tazer tale

groups.google.com/group/alt.support.depression/browse_thread/thread/a5906a7c93adba17
Latest Forum Posts