Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 Clicking Noise when Turning Ign Key
Thread Author: Redviper Replies: 2

Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 Clicking Noise when Turning Ign Key - Redviper
Hi All

To continue on with the clicking relay thread in the Technical Section - Occasionally when I turn the key to start the car, there are two very noticeable loud "ratchetey " clicking noises.

This is a very random event, and can go for weeks/months before it does it again more often than not its when the outside temp is really cold.
the car starts and runs absolutely fine, and everything works as it should,

I posted this on Vectra-c.com - and someone said it "sounds like relays" however no one has come back to my reply of whether or not its the sound of a relay on its way out or not and what specifically relays it might be.

I'm more concerned that its the sound of impending death of a relay as I'm of to Devon in a few weeks and don't want to be left stranded

Many Thanks
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 Clicking Noise when Turning Ign Key - VxFan
Where is the sound coming from?

Behind the dash? If so, then it could just be the servo's you're hearing for the blower vents and recirculate flap.
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 Clicking Noise when Turning Ign Key - Redviper
Its coming down from down the steering column side – but it only happens very occasionally, and its only happens when you turn the key to engage the starter motor

I can hear the recirculation flap move back a couple of minutes when the ignition has been turned off, and its not the same noise – the flap moving is a long whirring noise, and the “other” noise is two predominant click noises
Latest Forum Posts