Technical Car/Motor Issues > Chevrolet Lacetti - 05 1.6 Fitting new rear pads.
Thread Author: Stevek100 Replies: 7

Chevrolet Lacetti - 05 1.6 Fitting new rear pads. - Stevek100
Which way does the piston for the brakes need turning to retract it and is it the same direction on both sides?
Also when changing the rear pads I assume the handbrake must be in the off position.
Help appreciated.
 Chevrolet Lacetti - 05 1.6 Fitting new rear pads. - Skoda
I think it's clockwise on most european made cars, but i haven't a clue whether that applies to GM stuff or if the Lacetti's made in europe :-)

It'll be the same tool for both sides. I tried using circlip pliers but the proper tool was less than a tenner delivered and made it pretty easy (just a bit fiddly to begin with).

I don't know how the handbrake's setup on that car, if it acts on the calipers then it'll need to be off and you'll probably need to slacken the adjuster right off. If it's shoes acting on the inside of the disk then i leave it on because it stops the disk spinning when you're trying to push fat new pads on :-)
 Chevrolet Lacetti - 05 1.6 Fitting new rear pads. - Iffy
Discs all round on a Daewoo?

I'm impressed.

Next you'll be telling me it's got electronic ignition. :)
Whoops did i trip up there? When i read "piston" i thought calipers. Are the pistons in drum brakes not normally called something else? The name is in my head but floating out of reach :-(
...Whoops did i trip up there?...

Don't think so, I would associate 'piston' with disc brake callipers, and the OP was asking about 'retracting it' which again suggests disc brakes.
Last edited by: Iffy on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 20:36
Ahhh, i was in two minds whether the text in your post was tinted with a blue shade and slightly oval shaped.
...Ahhh, i was in two minds whether the text in your post was tinted with a blue shade and slightly oval shaped...

No more than any other post I make on here. :)

My 2002 Focus had drums on the rear.

There's something to be said for them, last forever and no brake dust on the alloys - something you would appreciate.

Chevrolet Lacetti - 05 1.6 Fitting new rear pads. - Stevek100
Yes the sx has all round disks.
Thanks for your comments.
Latest Forum Posts