Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 206 hatchback - 04 1.6 Fitting new door mirror Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: nmarshal Replies: 3

Peugeot 206 hatchback - 04 1.6 Fitting new door mirror - nmarshal
I want to replace the door mirror - can anyone please tell me how to remove the triangular plastic trim piece inside the door without forcing it and breaking the clips?
Thanks
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 04 1.6 Fitting new door mirror - Victorbox
Most cars use a similar triangular trim piece with clips pushed into holes in metal of door so they're only a friction fit. I've used a plastic (note plastic) kitchen palette knife gently inserted between trim and door until you can twist enough to see where clips are and can move knife to a more strategic position next to each clip. Eventually you can probably get your fingers behind trim for the last tug. No damage to trim or paintwork of door - unlike a garage which would just lever with a large screwdriver until something gives!
Last edited by: Victorbox on Tue 4 Jan 11 at 12:46
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 04 1.6 Fitting new door mirror - Bellboy
dont know how to do it but get the hairdryer on it first so plastic is pliable
usually i smash an old one off in the scrapyard to ascertain its clippy bits if i can find one for the model i need
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 04 1.6 Fitting new door mirror - nmarshal
Thanks for the replies. These two tips together worked well. If it helps anyone else, this part is held on by 2 plastic spring clips (bottom left and right) and two tubes which insert into rubber sockets in the door (top and centre bottom) which just need a firm pull.
Cheers
NM
Latest Forum Posts