Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 03 1.3 steering wheel makes scratching / scraping Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyro Replies: 2

Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 03 1.3 steering wheel makes scratching / scraping - tyro
Without any warning, the steering wheel on my Ka started making a scratching / scraping noise - when turned hard. In other words, it's not a problem for slight bends, but is noticeable when making a 90 degree turn at a junction, and quite pronounced when at full lock.

It sounds pretty much like the plastic in the housing scraping - i.e. that it is at the steering wheel itself, and my inclination is not to worry too much about it. However, I suppose it could be serious - hence this post.

Is this a common sort of symptom? Is it likely to be serious? Any idea what it might be?
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 03 1.3 steering wheel makes scratching / scraping - Bellboy
assuming it is where the steering wheel connects to the horn push mechanism ive always cured this problem by pulling steering wheel up at a quarter to three problem ,i assume they must ride down a bit
dont know if its a long term fix mind
alternatively if you undo the pinchbolt by your left foot as uj disappears to rack pull everything up slightly that might be an even better long term proposition
dont forget to nip up the bolt mind
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 03 1.3 steering wheel makes scratching / scraping - tyro
Thanks, Bellboy.

Your first suggestion is within my capability, so I'll try it. I'd be wary of trying the second one myself!
Latest Forum Posts